Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, DLA, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
422 Discussions

IEI Mustang-F100-A10 run benchmark async error on Openvino 2019 R1

LHenr2
Beginner

Product ID: IEI Mustang-F100-A10( Intel® Arria® 10 1150 GX FPGAs )

I'm testing the performance of IEI FPGA card on Openvino 2019 R1, need your help with issue as below:

When I use async mode, the prograss bar is stuck at 0.1%. but I use sync mode have not this issue.

Have you ever had a problem like this before? Can you help to take a look, thanks~

test command:

source /home/yanpeng/Downloads/fpga_support_files/setup_env.sh

export QUARTUS_ROOTDIR=/home/yanpeng/intelFPGA/18.1/quartus

export PATH=$PATH:/home/yanpeng/intelFPGA/18.1/quartus/bin

aocl program acl0 /opt/intel/openvino/bitstreams/a10_vision_design_bitstreams/2019R1_PL1_FP11_ResNet_SqueezeNet_VGG.aocx

./benchmark_app -i /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/demo/car.png -m ~/work/test_hddl_openvino/models_2019_r1/fp16/squezenet1.1/squeezenet1.1.xml -d HETERO:FPGA,CPU -api async -nireq 2Screenshot from 2019-05-21 08-23-18.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee
Hi, May I know if this is only happening in the benchmark_app testing only? I have tried it in my system but I am not facing any issue. Can you try with using FP16 DLA?
JohnT_Intel
Employee
Hi. I have found the issue. The default batch size is 1. You need to change the batch size to bigger than 1 (eg. -b 10) in order for the demo to work.
LHenr2
Beginner

Hi JohnT,

Thanks for your reply, I'll try it on.​