Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

[Intle IL ACE][Arria 10 GX] Problem simulating the Streaming DMA AFU Example

Kriyszig
Beginner

Hello,

I'm a beginner at FPGA programming and I'm trying to compile some of the sample examples provided to familiarize with the environment.

Running the suggested example from IL Academic Compute Environment (ACE) wiki -  https://wiki.intel-research.net/FPGA.html#simulating-designs-with-ase works flawlessly however if I try to run the sample program for Streaming DMA AFU from the streaming DMA user guide - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/ctb1526061110715.html gives a suppressible error message as follows:

Screenshot from 2021-04-25 12-06-55.jpg

I'm simulating the example same way suggested in the documentation. Being new to the topic, I'm not sure if there is a way to suppress these errors or is there any fault in the way I'm simulating the example.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Kriyszig

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kriyszig
Beginner

Hello community,

I was able to solve this by adding the flag "-supress All" to three commands in the Makefile generated by afu_sim_setup - two of them are the vlog commands run during the initial make and the other command being the vsim command that runs when running make sim.

After these changes, the simulator works as intended.

I apologize of hastily asking the question without exploring first and I thank the community for all the help.

- Kriyszig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kriyszig
Beginner

Hello community,

I was able to solve this by adding the flag "-supress All" to three commands in the Makefile generated by afu_sim_setup - two of them are the vlog commands run during the initial make and the other command being the vsim command that runs when running make sim.

After these changes, the simulator works as intended.

I apologize of hastily asking the question without exploring first and I thank the community for all the help.

- Kriyszig

0 Kudos