Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Issue with Dynamic profiling for Autorun kernels.

MFaiz
Beginner

Hi All,

I am profiling my OpenCL application which has a autorun kerenl. In the profile.mon, it was not giving any information. See the attached image.

After going through the Intel programming Guide, found "Unlike enqueued kernels that automatically generate profiler data on completion (if the compiler flag is set), autorun kernels never complete. Hence, you must explicitly indicate when to profile kernels by calling the clGetProfileDataDeviceIntelFPGA host library call."

But when I add

cl_int check = clGetProfileDataDeviceIntelFPGA (deviceId[0], program, TRUE, TRUE, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, &err);

I am getting the below error, please help me understsand what I am doing wrong in this. I am using Quartus 18.0

error: ‘clGetProfileDataDeviceIntelFPGA’ was not declared in this scope

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MuhammadAr_U_Intel

Hi,

Can I confirm which version of Quartus Prime you are using 18.0 Standard / Pro ?

Also do you get this Error in compilation stage or during launching the profile report ?

Thanks,

Arslan

0 Kudos
MFaiz
Beginner

I am using Quartus Prime 18.0, I get this when checking the Dynamic profiler report.

Regards

Faizan

0 Kudos
MuhammadAr_U_Intel

Hi Faizan,

I am trying to replicate this on my side using a simple example.

After adding the "clGetProfileDataDeviceIntelFPGA" in HOST code, I get Error for last argument (&err)

May I know how did you declared it ?

Also what version of GCC are you using ?

Thanks,

Arslan

MFaiz
Beginner

Hi Arslan,

You can just declare err like this

cl_int err = CL_SUCCESS;

It  Returns CL_SUCCESS if the function executed successfully

I am using gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 

Thanks

Faizan

0 Kudos
DongWang-BJTU
New Contributor I

I am facing a similar problem. I have tried both v18.0 and v18.1, nothing shows for the autorun kernel in the profiled page. I am using ubuntu 14.04.5 and DE5-net FPGAs.

Hope some one could confirm this.

0 Kudos