Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Running HARP example design returns error value -54.

whan01
Beginner

I modify the host code of example design.

The original part in launching the first kernel is

status = clEnqueueNDRangeKernel(queue, kernel, 1, NULL, gsize, lsize, 0, NULL, NULL)

I modify this part to

// define NDRange Size size_t gsize[1]={(size_t) 10}; size_t lsize[1] = {(size_t) 2}; status = clEnqueueNDRangeKernel(queue, kernel, 1, NULL, gsize, lsize, 0, NULL, NULL)

Then I run the code it returns error code -54. Why can't I increase the 1-d lsize to 2?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Is there any reqd_work_group_size or max_work_group_size used in the kernel?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know the software version and edition you are using? Could you share the error message and provide the design for investigation?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
whan01
Beginner

The software is quartus 16.0.2 pro with all update patches installed. My OpenCL is v2.0.

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Is there any reqd_work_group_size or max_work_group_size used in the kernel?

0 Kudos
whan01
Beginner

You remind me. There's neither reqd_work_group_size nor max_work_group_size, but at the head of each kernel function there's a declaration __attribute__((task)) which implicitly indicates the max work group dimension is 0. The max group work items is 1. So here's problem. Thanks!

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

So the kernel is not even NDRange. 😅

Be careful that just removing that attribute will not convert the kernel to NDRange; you will need to rewrite the kernel and replace the loops in it with get_global_id()/get_local_id().

0 Kudos
whan01
Beginner

Thanks for the further reminder. I'm new to HARP2 and OpenCL and maybe I need to go back to the programming manual.

0 Kudos