Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, DLA, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Shift register implementation

ADua0
Beginner

I am implementing shift register design in Intel OpenCL. So I am currently able to generate shift register hardware, but I need some clarification on how to realize shift register.

1. How to decide shift register size?
  2. When I shifting from LSB to MSB, and I am trying to access all the elements , it get converted to register, but if I try to access few elements that from even not from the lsb, but any other index, I get shift register. Can anyone clarify ways to efficiently access shift register data points?

Here is my shift register implementation:

#define sr_size = 48

for(int y=0;y<11;y++)

{

#pragma unroll

for(int i=0;i<sr_size;i++)

{

inp[i]= 0.0f;

}

#pragma unroll

for(int i=sr_size-1;i>0;i--)

{

inp[i]= inp[i-1];

}

inp[sr_size-1] = input[ index];

#pragma unroll

for(int i=0;i<3;i++)

{

#pragma unroll

for(int j=0;j<3;j++)

{

dat[0] += inp[i+3];

dat[1] += inp[i+4];

dat[2] += inp[i+5];

dat[3] += inp[i+6];

dat[4] += inp[i+7];

dat[5] += inp[i+8];

}

}

}

}

This is converted to shift register because I use indexes i+3 onwards, but if I try to access index i it is not inferred to as shift register , I need help with that issue.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Hazlina_R_Intel

Hi,

I apologize that no one are able to answer this question in-time. Do you have any outstanding question on this? You can reply to this, or open a new question. Otherwise I will proceed to close this.