Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Unable to read frequency in Cycloen10LP IOs from design circuit, same is working fine when signal generator is using.

BDE00
Beginner

One of my project, i am using Cyclone 10LP, due to obsolete of cyclone first gen, i am using 10LP for reading frequency,

Problem is : I am not able to read frequency when IO is connected to proven circuit (comparator opamp, working with OLD cyclone first generation PCB), same i can able to read when i connect Signal generator.

later i found that this is because of input signal is ON when i powered on PCB/FPGA,

Detail explanation:

if signal generator(input signal) is on and power on PCB, doesn't read frequency.

first power on PCB then power on input signal this will read input signal fine.

Can we add power-on delay in FPGA block diagram,

i am new to FPGA block diagram coding. need support for this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Balakrishna,

Apologize that we cannot do power-on delay in FPGA. Perhaps that need to be done on board level.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
BDE00
Beginner

Thank you.!

In Board level their is a 5 to 7 Sec input power-on Delay,

Is this timing is sufficient to configure from EEPROM(EPCQ4ASI8N)?

is their any option to figure out the timing required/reduce the time for FPGA ready? and start the reading the input.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Balakrishna,

may i know what is the configuration you use? If you are using active serial configuration, delay doesn't affect it as the FPGA will get the bitstream from flash and do the programming.

Thank You.

0 Kudos