Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

why won't the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant check for updates since 10/19/2019 - all the apps does is take you to the faqs page - then if you choose "Get Started" the link takes you back to the faqs page again - it never scans your computer ?

mdeis3
Beginner

Why doesn't Intel use Windows update like everyone else ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

IDSA works fine.

To correct the "FAQs" page issue, clear your browser cache.

And, not "everyone else" uses Windows Update to update drivers. Updating drivers is different from Windows Update, and a significant amount of time/resources has been devoted to making IDSA.

Other manufacturers (i.e. Dell) have their own driver update application. And, not even Microsoft uses WIndows Update to update everything. Office 2019 is NOT updated by Windows Update (for example).

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, you posted in the wrong forum.

Doc

0 Kudos
mdeis3
Beginner

Dear Doc, I empty my cache every time I open my browser (try it - if you have a fast connection, it's actually faster than using a cache). As far as being patient goes I've been getting a update alert for the past two weeks for the 630 on-board graphics. 13 days ago, it downloaded without issue, but when it attempted an install, the installer reported that the 630 driver was not compatible with Windows 10x64 and quit. Now, you just get the FAQs page - and it's not just my office, this behavior occurs at 13 different sites on over 40 PCs. And finally, Intel has no forum for this issue and Intel support suggested I post to this one. Anyway still not working, and Oh, you may want to read the MS developer guidelines for distributing updates.... Cheers

AlHill
Super User

You said, in you initial post, you were having trouble with only the "FAQs" page, which I just check again, and it is working fine.

Now, you have a different issue. What is the model number of your device? What version of Windows 10 are you using? 1903? What browser are you using? And, I want you to SPECIFICALLY CLEAR YOUR CACHE.

Provide more detail. Additionally, is it the graphics driver that just quits, or is it IDSA? Be specific. If you have a laptop, and the graphics driver does not install, that is an issue you need to solve with support from your laptop manufacturer.

Oh, ask the MS developers why Office 2019 does not use Windows Update. And, ask the Dell developers why they provide their own driver utility. Just using Dell as an example.

Doc

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi,

I think you might have posted this thread into the wrong community forum. This forum only covers the Intel FPGA product. Our agents can only help to provide assistance with regards to FPGA products. If you have further inquiries on other Intel product, please post your question to the correct Intel Community topics from the link below:

https://forums.intel.com/s/

We will then require deleting this thread from the Intel FPGA forum topic.

Thank you.

Regards,

Intel FPGA Support Team

0 Kudos