Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
845 Discussions

I need access to information on how to change LED behavior either through eeupdate or through NVM. If it requires a NDA number, then i need to know what to do in order to get an NDA number. Can anyone help me with this request?

TPD
Beginner
0 Kudos
7 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @TPD​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Could you please clarify if the affected device has been designed by a third-party company or by you? Please give the part number, model, name of the manufacturer, and all the details if it is a third-party design. On the other hand, could you please let us know the Intel part number of devices related to your design and the sources that you have used to develop it?

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
TPD
Beginner

The affected device is a ADLQM67PC board from ADL USA. This board uses both a 82579LM and a 825742L network controller. This is a 3rd party board that is having issues when we attach an LED PCB to the Ethernet ports on the board. Essentially, the LEDs are acting the opposite that they are supposed to (The link LED is blinking and the activity LED is solid, when it should be the other way around). I was looking for information on using the eeupdate tool to switch the functions of the LEDs so that they function correctly.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @TPD​:

Thanks for your reply.

We would like to help you with your problems with third-party devices but the information may answer your questions is unavailable to us.

Due to this fact, the consultations related to the cited manufacturer should be addressed as a reference to the channels listed at the following website:

https://www.adl-usa.com/support/technical-support/

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
TPD
Beginner

As far as i am aware, the EEUpdate utility is a Intel developed utility. So, in this instance, ADL cannot help me as they did not develop it.

This is why i am asking for information on this here, and not on their technical support.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @TPD​:

Thanks for your reply.

In order to be on the same page, could you please explain in detailed way how do you determine that the root cause of the reported situation is related to the EEupdate tool or / and NVM images?

We are waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
TPD
Beginner

The issue is not with the EEUpdate, but i believe that my issue can be solved with a change in the EEUpdate. The LEDs on my unit are behaving the opposite that they should be (Link LED is blinking when it should be solid, and the Activity LED is solid when it should be blinking). We had an issue like this before, and it was solved by using the EEUpdate to change what each of the LEDs did.

I essentially need to use the EEupdate tool to edit the LEDs to function the opposite of how they are functioning currently.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @TPD​:

Thanks for your reply.

It is important to clarify that manufacturer can implement customized configurations with Intel devices that should be confirmed and validated by them.

Due to this fact, we can provide generic information that should be reviewed and approved by the third-party designer.

Please refer to the information stated in sections 7.6 and 10.2.2.16, on pages 190, 191, 308, 309, and 310 of the Intel(R) 82574 GbE Controller Family Datasheet document # 317694; and in Tables 39, 40, 41, 70, and section 10.3.1.14 ; on pages 82, 83, 84, 96, 97, 118, and 119 of the Intel(R) 82579 Gigabit Ethernet PHY Datasheet document # 324990. These documents can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/doc/datasheet/82574l-gbe-controller-datasheet.pdf

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/doc/datasheet/82579-gbe-phy-datasheet-vol-2-1.pdf

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos