Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
845 Discussions

I350 can not drive in EEPROM-Less Mode

dandy
Beginner

Hi,

My Name is andy,

There is a question.

My computer can detect the four network controller(i350 in EEPROM-Less Mode ),but the driver can not be installed ?捕获.PNG

捕.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @dandy​:

Thanks for your update.

Please let us paraphrase the part of our answer that you need to be clarified.

We do not suggest going EEPROM-less.

The software involved is the driver, which you need to build it by yourself.

By the way, custom drivers should be checked and verified by their developers.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @dandy​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Could you please let us know if the four affected designs have been developed by you or by a third-party company? Please give all the details (part number, model, name of the manufacturer, where is the documentation) of the projects related to this situation if they are third-party devices.

Waiting for your answer to these questions.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
dandy
Beginner

Thank you for reply.

This designs have been developed by me. I found the i350 datasheet , i350-reference-design and drivers on the Intel.Com website. Then.,I made a design using NHI350AM4SLJ3Z without an EEPROM. My computer(i5-6300U) has detect the device ID(0x151f.EEPROM-Less Mode),but the drivers which I download from your website can not recognize the device .

Best regards.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @dandy​ :

Thanks for your update.

Could you please clarify if your implementation has been reviewed by Intel?

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
dandy
Beginner

Thank you for reply.

This design does not been review by Intel.I done it all by myself. So,when the driver can not be intstalled , I do not know how to deal with it.Does I350 really need an EEPROM ,then the driver can be installed?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @dandy​ :

Thanks for your update.

We suggest you send the schematics and layout of your design to be reviewed by Intel. Please follow the procedure stated in the Design Review Services page that can be found at:

https://edc.intel.com/Tools/Design-Review/Default.aspx

By the way, could you please let us know the Operating Systems related to this situation?

We appreciate your collaboration.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
dandy
Beginner

Thank you very much.

I will send these files to you. The I350 datasheet says .that In EEPROM Mode, all the setup is done by a software,where can I downloard that software?

Best regards

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @dandy​:

Thanks for your reply.

The Design Review Services team will verify your implementation as soon as the procedure stated in the suggested page is followed.

On the other hand, the EEPROM-less is not suggested. Due to this fact, you should include an EEPROM.

In case that you still need to use EEPROM-less mode, the software involved is the driver. This driver should be built by yourself doing a lot of research on building drivers and the register list in the datasheet.

Please review the information stated in sections 3.3.1.5.1, 3.3.1.8, 6.2.5, 6.3.5.5.2, 6.3.5.5.4, 8.4.5, 9.4.2, 9.4.3, 9.4.7, 9.5, 9.5.6.2, 9.6, 9.6.1.1, and 9.6.2; on pages 94, 97, 98, 236, 259, 260, 477, 698, 699, 700, 701, 705, 715, 726, 727, and 732 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I350 Datasheet document # 336626 that can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/ethernet-controller-i350-datasheet.pdf

It is important to let you know that custom drivers should be tested and validated on your own.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
dandy
Beginner

Thanks for your reply.

You mean that if  EEPROM-less mode is used , the driver should be built by the designer. And Intel does not have the perfect driver for   EEPROM-less mode .

Best regards

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @dandy​:

Thanks for your update.

Please let us paraphrase the part of our answer that you need to be clarified.

We do not suggest going EEPROM-less.

The software involved is the driver, which you need to build it by yourself.

By the way, custom drivers should be checked and verified by their developers.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos