Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

Setting up unique MAC addresses in different devices I210 during production

INS
Beginner

Hi Intel team,

We are using "WGI210AT S LJXR" chipset on our custom board. Right now, we are getting the same MAC addresses "00:A0:C9:00:00:00" across every device.  

1) Please advise on how we can set custom and globally unique MAC addresses while doing the production of our device?

2) Do we require to buy them or the individual chipsets provided already have different unique MAC addresses (for production purposes)?

3) Is intel team provide such chipsets which have different MAC addresses flashed into the chipset?

Regards.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @INS:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You can find the information that may help you in the answer to questions 2.25, 2.29, 2.30, and 2.37, on pages 9, 10, 11, and 12 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210/I211 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs] document # 335346.You can find it when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account on the following website:

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/335346

You should fill out the RDC Account Support form to process your account update request or report any inconveniences with the provided site. You can be found on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
INS
Beginner

Hi @CarlosAM_INTEL ,

Thank you for your reply. (I am sorry for the late reply on this thread.)

I am not able to access the https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/335346. I have raised the request as per your suggestion. However, I want to clarify here that I am able to make Ethernet adapter work, however, the MAC addresses are the same access devices, I wanted to have some solution so it can be programmed uniquely. 

Regards.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @INS:

Thanks for your reply.

You should review the suggested information that may answer your questions.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
INS
Beginner

Hi @CarlosAM_INTEL ,

I am still not clear about those points. I understood the following points from the FAQs document.

2.25 => EEUPDATE requires to be powered off and I understood that it is empty for the first time.

2.29 => GMII interface is not exposed in I210. 

2.30 => In SGMII I210 is always MAC and never PHY.

2.37 => Details of the I210 related product details.

However, does Intel provide support for already pre-flashed unique MAC addresses or can we buy them from intel?  Please provide the cost of such support is being provided by the intel team.

Regards.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @INS:

Thanks for your reply.

We sent an email to the address associated with your forum account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos