Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1154 Discussions

Any example for Accessing GPIO of Intel Atom c3000 through MMIO?

LW000
Beginner

I want to read/write the high/low of GPIO pins of Intel Atom c3558 in Windows driver code. I have found some information about GPIO MMIO access for in the datasheet. But I don't have enough background knowledge to understand it clearly. So I wonder if there is a complete example of GPIO MMIO access, including how to set control registers and where to the high/low of pins.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee
Hello LW000, Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. Since your question is related to the Intel Atom® Processor C3558. I will transfer your case to the Embedded Products Community for further assistance. Regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @LW000​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Could you please clarify if the design related to this thread has been developed by you or by a third-party company? In case that it is a third-party implementation please give us the part number. model, manufacturer name , and where is stated the information related to it.

Waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​. 

0 Kudos
LW000
Beginner

It is a design of our own company. The IoT OS we use is Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 10.0.17763. The CPU is Intel Atom C3558. We want to read the level(high/low) of some GPIO pins. The GPIO controller driver from Intel (iagpio.sys) which installed with OS didn't work. So we plan to develop a Windows driver to access GPIO via MMIO. Since we have no experience with it, we are looking for sample codes for it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @LW000​ :

Thanks for your reply.

It is important to let you know that the reference code is only provide to BIOS vendor. Due to this fact, in order to have access to the BIOS reference code you should contact your Intel Bios Vendor (IBV).

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos