Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1153 Discussions

Blurred picture on DVI with IEGD, not with regular driver

idata
Employee

Hi,

I have a embedded GM45 board that has a blurred/unsharp image when using IEGD.

The issue is apparent on all the boards of this type.

This only occur with 1600x1200 resolution, which is the display native.

This is not a problem using regular Intel graphics driver package.

Also the problem only occur if the display is connected during startup, if I connect it after windows has loaded, the image is sharp.

There is no difference in resolution or any frequency between the two drivers, and no difference if booting with a display or not.

I need to enable dual DVI-D ports and port detection disabled, so using the regular driver is not an option.

Are there any features missing from IEGD that creates this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

We are not currently reporting S/W "issue sightings" from the EDC as there is no way to officially track the issur to completion. The best thing you can do is to get your board OEM, or an Intel Field Rep to report the issue on the Intel Premier Support system unless your company has an account there then you should report it on "Quad" as we call it internally. Then we can get attention to this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

You might want to try the latest version as I believe we recently fixed an issue specifically with the 16x12 config. Of course I may be remembering a pending fix that still needs to be released. Double check the spec update for the latest to see!

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have tried the latest version, IEGD 10.3.1, the issue is still there.

The spec update has no information on any 1600x1200 fix.

The board has Intel® GM45 + ICH9M chipset, and GMA 4500HD graphics.

Dual DVI-D output from 2 Chrontel 7307C.

The issue is only visible on one of the outputs, and only when using 1600x1200 and IEGD.

Is there a way to configure the standard driver to have fixed output to dual DVI, without port detection?

That is my only concern for this particular system, but I have been unsuccessful in modifying the inf file or windows registry to my needs.

Edit: Is there a requirement to use Windows XP 32bit to use IEGD-CED?

Are there any known issues with creating a driver for Windows XP on a Vista/W7 system or on 64bit systems?

0 Kudos
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

That is very odd. I am not clear on exactly how to reproduce the issue.

I am not as familiar with the GMA driver, as I am with the embedded ones. I doubt it can be configured that way as that is something we specifically built into the embedded drivers. Have you gotten access to the GAM "BMP" configuration tool and see if there are any options that might make the GMA driver do this?

I will see if I can get a GMA expert to chime in on this issue.

0 Kudos
Scott_H_Intel
Employee

Hello,

There are options in the GMA ("standard") video BIOS table that should enable both DVI displays and allow you to turn off SDVO detection. Do you have a BIOS vendor you are working with? Modifying the video BIOS only works if you can merge the video BIOS with the system BIOS and flash your MB.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, we have a very good relationship with the board manufacturer, so merging video BIOS with the system BIOS is not a problem.

Are there documents available for setting this up with the GMA drivers?

If possible however, I would prefer having this work without touching the BIOS.

I do not have access to the Intel BMP, what is needed to be allowed access to it?

0 Kudos
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

The Intel BMP Utility is what is used to modify a board configuration (VBIOS) which the GMA driver then uses to obtain its configuration information.

For the embedded drivers, CED is used to configure the VBIOS and the driver(s) allowing them to be independent of each other.

I think you need to work through your Intel field rep to get the BMP utility which should be available on the platformsw.intel.com site if you have an account.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have now received all the software tools I needed, but I am still unable to solve my issue.

The BMP does not give me the options I need to solve my problem.

If the driver issue with the IEGD had been solved, that would be my best option, since I cannot modify vbios or GMA drivers to meet my needs.

Is there an update for IEGD planned in the near future?

0 Kudos
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

We are not currently reporting S/W "issue sightings" from the EDC as there is no way to officially track the issur to completion. The best thing you can do is to get your board OEM, or an Intel Field Rep to report the issue on the Intel Premier Support system unless your company has an account there then you should report it on "Quad" as we call it internally. Then we can get attention to this.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your help.

This is handled through our Intel contact now.

0 Kudos