Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

Hi, I want to know the following details about Atom E680T:

ABhat35
Beginner

1. Architecture: Is it Tunnel Creek? From where can I get a lucid explanation of the architecture?

2. L2 cache: Is it ECC supported? Can the L2 Cache be configuarable as SRAM and stashing memory?

3. L1 cache: How much is the L1 data and instruction cache?

4. DDR2 memory Type: Is this 32bit or 64bit supported?

5. Storage interface: Is this SD/MMC supported?

6. Other interfaces: Is this SPI, I2C, DUART, CAN supported?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

ABhat35, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your questions, I just wanted to let you know that I moved your thread to the proper department, which is the Embedded Intel Atom® department. In the case you need more details about the Intel Atom® Processor E680T, they will provide further peer to peer assistance on this matter.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Inte

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @ABhat35​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

The Queens Bay Platform use the Tunnel Creek family processors [such the Intel Atom(R) Processor E680T] and Topcliff Chipset [the Intel(R) Platform Controller Hub EG20T]. You can confirm this information in the following block diagram:

Queens Bay Platform.jpg

Due to this fact, the information that may answer your four initial questions can be found in sections 1.0, 6.1, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, and 6.7; on pages 23, 69, 27, and 72 of the Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor E6xx Series Datasheet document # 324208 at the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/atom-e6xx-series-datasheet.pdf

By the way, the information that may answer the rest of questions can be found in section 1.2, on page 48, 49, and 50 of the Intel(R) Platform Controller Hub EG20T Datasheet document # 324211. This document has been attached to this thread.

Please keep in mind that these devices has been released nine years ago . You can confirm this information at:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=52501,52498

Due to this fact, they are not suggested for new designs and their support could be limited.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​. 

0 Kudos