Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1155 Discussions

Ubuntu linux 16.04 in N2807 printing with CUPS

ditikos
Beginner

I have been working on a solution that is powered by an N2807 bay trail atom board and installed ubuntu 16.04 (latest) in it.

While rebooting linux I often get hangs. After looking at linux community messages, I saw that there was a setting on the BIOS called OS Selection regarding which operating system is booting, and was set to Windows 8. When I set this to Windows 7/Linux (second option), I got back the reboot options but this time usb printing was being blocked.

In cups I get to see that the printer is unavailable while if I return this option back to Windows 8, I can print again. Is there a kernel option I need to add to get back usb functionality?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @ditikos​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Could you please try to reproduce the cited situation using any of the following Operating System (OS) and let us know the results?

• Linux Tizen (select in-vehicle infotainment (IVI),
  • Linux based on Yocto Project* Tools,
  • Linux based on Fedora* distribution, or
  • Wind River VxWorks.

We are waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
ditikos
Beginner

Hi @Mæcenas_INTEL​ ,

I am not sure embedded is the proper forum category for my issue. I am already using the solution in a POS machine that runs Ubuntu 16.04 so I am trying to figure out why this is happening and how to resolve it. I think it belongs more to the bay trail forum (if any exists).

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @ditikos​:

Thanks for your update.

Could you please tell us if the affected designs have been designed by you or by a third-party company? In case that they are third-party units please give the part number, model, name of the manufacturer, where it is stated the information related to it. In case that it is your design, could you please clarify it has been reviewed by Intel and the list the sources that you have used to develop it?

We are waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos