Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1152 Discussions

braswell sdmmc only D[0] is used for data transfer.

sbass
Beginner

Hello,

i would like activate D[0-4] on sd port, i don't find, how to activate D1,D2,D3 ?

In datasheet volume 1:

Table 10-3. SD Signals:

SD Card Data bits 0 to 3

Bidirectional port used to transfer data to and from SD/MMC card.

By default, after power up or reset, only D[0] is used for data transfer. A wider data

bus can be configured for data transfer, using D[3:0].

Note: Unused data lines will be tri-stated by the SoC logic.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, keziaha:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

In order to better understand this situation, could you please clarify if this request is related to a technical issue? By the way, please give us a detailed description of this situation.

Could you please tell us the Operating System (OS) that you are using?

Please give us the requested information to have more details that can help us to find the information that may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
sbass
Beginner

Hello,

I use coreboot + uboot, i would like run kernel on sdmmc, but i have an problem for communicate with sdcard. I read cid & reference of card but when try read SCR(version & bus width) of card, doesn't work . For read scr, it's first Transfer mode in SDMA .

In coreboot my config for PcdSdcardMode is pci mode , if PcdSdcardMode= PCH_ACPI_MODE i don't see pci device 2296

1/ if sdcard is pci mode, it's fully functionnaly ?

2/How to activate device when PCH_ACPI_MODE in uboot or which register?

3/ maybe need configuration for SDMA ?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, keziaha:

Thanks for your reply.

However, could you please tell us what is the OS related to this condition?

Waiting for your update.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
sbass
Beginner

Sorry i want read sdcard from uboot, for running my kernel linux.My problem of read sdcard is in uboot.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, keziaha:

Thanks for your clarification.

It is important to let you know the following information:

It can be found on page 31 of the Braswell** Design In for The Internet of Things (IoT) document 555139.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
sbass
Beginner

Hello Carlos,

thanks for this information, but We tried with NUC intel 5YPPYH N3700, boot on sdcard in legacy mode is working, why ?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, keziaha:

Thanks for your update.

It is important to let you know that your Intel NUC questions should be addressed to the https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/nuc Intel® NUC Forum.

Due to this fact, please feel free to use the cited forum to better help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
sbass
Beginner

Carlos,

i don't have problem with Nuc, but it's a comparison, Intel Nuc use braswell soc, i've tested with NUC, boot legacy on sdcard it's possible.

my board use also braswell cpu, In my case why i can't boot sdcard ? it's configuration coreboot + fsp ? how to activate boot sdcard ?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, keziaha:

Thanks for your clarification.

In order to better help you, could you please give me the part number of the processors and chipsets related to this situation?

We really appreciate your cooperation.

Best regards,

Carlos_A .

0 Kudos
sbass
Beginner

It's intel braswell N3160 Part number : ITLFH8066501715928S R2KP .

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, keziaha:

We really appreciate your cooperation.

However using the cited part number the result is the following:

Could you double check the part numbers and let us know them again? By the way please indicate which one is related to the cited NUC and which is associated to your design.

Thanks again for your collaboration.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
sbass
Beginner

FH8066501715928

http://ark.intel.com/products/91831/Intel-Celeron-Processor-N3160-2M-Cache-up-to-2_24-GHz?wapkw=fh8066501715928 Intel® Celeron® Processor N3160 (2M Cache, up to 2.24 GHz) Product Specifications

On nuc, it's intel celeron processor n3700, it' same family :braswell.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, keziaha:

Thanks for your update.

The following device is a non-embedded device as you may notice at the following screenshot:

It is important to let you know that the non-embedded versions of the Intel processors are out of our scope support.

Due to this fact, please contact the specific channel to support this device as we mentioned on our first communication of today.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
sbass
Beginner

Hello carlos,

i understood, thanks for this information.

With celeron N3160, is it possible to unlock boot on sdcard? let me explain, for production, i need loading firmware on emmc, for this i would like use sdcard, because in uboot, it's already working .

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, keziaha:

Thanks for your reply.

The information that can help you to activate D1, D2, and D3 is related to Host Control Register (HOST_CTL) specifically its fifth bit called SD8_BIT_MODE that selects the data width of the HC The HD shall select it to match the data width of the SD card. You can confirm this information is stated in section 29.6.13, on pages 1998 and 1899 of the https://edc.intel.com/Link.aspx?id=10001 N-Series Intel(R) Pentium(R) and Intel(R) Celeron(R) Processors: External Design Specification (EDS) - Volume 2 of 3 document # 547870.

On the other hand, related to boot the documented information is the provided in our communication of the past March 17th, 2017 10:09 AM. In case that you need to implement something out of the documentation, it should be tested and validated on your own.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos