Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1194 Discussions

Does Core i7-3517UE Processor have TPM 2.0?

KonopkaD
Beginner

I am working with a Intel® Core™ i7-3517UE Processor and I was wondering if it is capable of TPM v2.0? The datasheet for the processor states,

"Intel TXT requires the system to contain a TPM v1.2, as defined by the Trusted Computing Group and specific software for some uses"

I was wondering if this TPM could be updated to v2.0 through a firmware update, or has Intel revisited the 3rd gen family and added TPM 2.0 features.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

As far as I know, it is not the processor, but the motherboard.  From Intel:

TPM

Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is a component on the desktop board that is specifically designed to enhance platform security above-and-beyond the capabilities of today's software by providing a protected space for key operations and other security critical tasks. Using both hardware and software, the TPM protects encryption and signature keys at their most vulnerable stages - operations when the keys are being used unencrypted in plain-text form.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @KonopkaD:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We want to address the following questions to understand your request:

Could you please let us know the part number of the Chipset or Platform Controller Hub (PCH) related to the project associated with your questions?

Could you please let us know if the project is your own design or it is a third-party one?

We are waiting for your answer to these questions.

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

Best regards,

0 Kudos