1194 Discussions

Tiger lakeCPUをENDPOINTとして利用可能でしょうか?

PCIeEndpoint
Beginner

インテル・カスタマー・サポート様

平素より大変お世話になっております。

eInfochipsのカウストゥーブでございます。

本件に関して、日本語でもう一度説明致します。

画像処理の関連でIntel社のTiger lakeCPUを使おうと思っておりますが基本的に添付の絵のようにPCIeインタフェースでENDPOINTとして使いたいのですが、Tiger lakeCPUをENDPOINTとして利用可能でしょうか?本件に関して、参考になる説明資料がありましたら共有お願いします。「どのようにTiger lakeCPUをENDPOINTとして利用可能にする事ができますか」が基本質問/相談ポイントになります。

以上、大変お手数を掛けますが、よろしくお願いいたします。

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
カウストゥーブTigerLake-ENDPoint-Over-PCIE.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello PCIeEndpoint,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Model name of the processor that is planning to use.

2. Which device are you using? Laptop/desktop computer/Intel NUC.

Also, you will find the following links quite helpful:

1. Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA) Product Brief

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-active-management-technology/remote-manageability-for-workforce.html

2. Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA) Admin and Usage Guide

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055619/software/manageability-products.html

3. Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA)

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28994/Intel-Endpoint-Management-Assistant-Intel-EMA-

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello PCIeEndpoint, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
PCIeEndpoint
Beginner

Hi Deivid,

Greetings!!

Whatever information you shared earlier is not at all relevant to the question that I asked.

Let me re-state the technical help topic that I am looking for.

I am trying to get answers the following 2 Questions.

1. Does Intel Tiger Lake CPU support End Point Mode over PCIe bus? The data sheet of Tiger Lake CPU states that it can work as Root Complex but not as End Point device.

2. If End Point mode over PCIe is not supported by Intel Tiger Lake CPU, then does it support NTB (Non-Transparent Bridging) protocol over PCIe? With NTB, we are targeting to establish communication between two Root Complex Devices.

If you see the attachment to the ticket (a diagram that I shared), we are trying to create a PCIe based card that has Intel Tiger Lake CPU on the card and will do Image Processing work from data obtained via 2 cameras and then pass on this processed data to Another Intel CPU (Host system) via NTB / PCIe communication bus / protocol.

If I can get some documentation regarding Intel Tiger Lake CPU's NTB and End Point Support, it will be helpful.

Warm regards,

Koustubh Thorat 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello PCIeEndpoint, 

Thanks for the additional information. However, to provide you with a better response I will need some details of the environment that you plan to use. This is because processors may have different limitation and may not be compatible with some technologies/feature even if they are part of the same family.

The previous statement also applies to the device that you plan to use, the motherboard or laptop may not support the feature and even if the CPU does it may not work if the system is not compatible, in order to check further for you I will need just the following:

2. Which device are you using or planning to use? Laptop/desktop computer/Intel NUC.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
PCIeEndpoint
Beginner

HI Deivid,

Here is the information about CPU and Board

Core™ i5-1145GRE

2. Which device are you using or planning to use? Laptop/desktop computer/Intel NUC.

I am using System On Module - SOM-6883R5X-S5A1 from Advantech

The data sheet of this system on module is at following link

https://advdownload.advantech.com/productfile/PIS/SOM-6883/file/SOM-6883_DS(042321)20210423155257.pdf

Warm regards,

Koustubh Thorat

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello PCIeEndpoint, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello PCIeEndpoint,  

Thank you for the information provided, with this I was able to notice that your CPU is an embedded product, we have a forum for these specific issues and products, so we are moving it to the " Embedded Developers, Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors" forum so you can get better support for this matter.  

- https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Developers/ct-p/embedded-developers

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @PCIeEndpoint:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We sent an email to the address related to this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL .

0 Kudos