Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4960 Discussions

AF_XDP on XL710 not binding in zero-copy mode

jvr59620
Beginner

Hello,

I have an intel XL710 ethernet card running i40e driver version 2.23.17 on kernel 5.19.0-21-generic.  The firmware version on the card is  6.01 0x800035da 1.1747.0

I am trying to bind AF_XDP sockets in zero-copy mode which should be supported from what I have read. When I try to bind the sockets with zero-copy mode specified, I get an errno 95, operation not supported. Is binding in zero-copy mode not possible with this specific card and driver combo?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello jvr59620,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

Regarding your question is the Intel XL710 ethernet card and the driver compatible.

According to the i40e driver version - you do have the latest version of it (2.23.17).

I would like to confirm with you the current Operating system you are using with the Intel XL710 ethernet card.

Please go through below link of Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Ethernet Controllers (LOM):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055236/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

According to the link - the only supported OS version for Ubuntu are Ubuntu*22.04 LTS and Ubuntu*20.04 LTS.

I would suggest that you update the OS to the version that is compatible.

Kindly update on more details of Intel XL710 ethernet card specification that you are using.

Please let us know the outcome after you have checked it and will be happy to assist if any other troubleshooting required for this issue.

Best regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello jvr59620,

Regarding your thread, we are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions, we previously recommended.

Please reply to this thread to confirm, so we can continue helping with a resolution. Else if none, we will proceed to close the case.

Looking forward to receiving your reply!

Thank You.

Best Regards,

Hayat

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello jvr59620,

This message is to inform you about the thread closure.

Once the thread is closed, it will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Kindly submit a new thread should you need further assistance. We will be more than glad to continue assisting you.

Best Regards,

Hayat

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos