Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

Can't install i225 internet driver on win10 1709 build 16299

gnw
Beginner

I am using z490 maximus apex motherboard in windows 10 1709 build 16299.
I try to use windows 10 1709 for some reason, but it does not recognize the network adapter, and it is said that it is impossible to install the LAN driver and there is no adapter.

In Windows version 2004, the adapter is recognized as well, and the LAN driver installation is good. I hope to improve it so that i225 Intel LAN driver can be installed in Windows 10 version 1709.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

They say that they only support the current and three revisions back. This means you need at least 1809 before the driver package will support it. If you are going to come forward to 1809, I too suggest that you come forward to 1909 or all the way to 2004.

...S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

1709 is three years old.  I was going to ask you are running 1709, but you already do not know.

Upgrade to 1909 or 2004.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

They say that they only support the current and three revisions back. This means you need at least 1809 before the driver package will support it. If you are going to come forward to 1809, I too suggest that you come forward to 1909 or all the way to 2004.

...S

AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gnw,

We would like to check if the suggestions of our esteemed community members addressed your concern.

We look forward to hearing from you. Should we not hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gnw, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you still need assistance with your concern, you can reply back to the thread or create another topic, and we will be more than glad to assist you 

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos