Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Error modifying nic properties (X540-AT2)

Gonzalo_M
Beginner

Hi! I have a Hyper-V node in production with two nic X540-AT2. When i try to modify the Interrupt Moderation Rate to set it as Adaptive i get a "SetSettings failed". I need to set it this way because Live Migration is failing.

intel_error_2.png

intel_error_1.png

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Gonzalo_M,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help in checking your query.

1. Brand and model where the X540-AT2 is embedded.

2. Exact Operating System used

3. Driver version used on X540-AT2

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Gonzalo_M
Beginner

Hi, this is the requested information:

1. Supermicro X10DRi (latest bios/firmware)

2. Windows Server 2016 Datacenter

3. Driver 4.1.229.0 / PROSet 22.10.3.0

intel_nic_1.pngintel_nic_2.pngintel_nic_3.png

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Gonzalo_M,

Thank you for the swift response. 

We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with Supermicro system. For Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller, we'd like to set your expectation that we might have a limited support and it would be best if you can also get in touch with Supermicro for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

With that being said, can you share if you already tried latest driver from Intel or Supermicro as we noticed that you are using an older driver version which is from 22.10 package? Latest package available from our site would be 27.4. If there is any reason that you require this specific driver/package from 22.10 or why you're not updating the driver, please let us know. 

Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows Server 2016*

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18737/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-windows-server-2016.html

Awaiting to your reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Gonzalo_M
Beginner

Yes, i saw that im running an older version, i've tried to update it in place but couldn't, for some reason the installer requests to uninstall the actual installed PROset, so i'll have to put the server in maintenance mode the server. I'll do it asap.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Gonzalo_M,

Thank you for the reply. 

We will patiently wait for your update on this matter. You may also reach out to Supermicro support to obtain the driver package for your system. 

Supermicro support site

https://www.supermicro.com/en/support

Awaiting to hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Gonzalo_M,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you are able to contact Supermirco and tried out their driver. We would highly appreciate if you can share some update on this matter. In case you need additional assistance from us, please let us know. 

Hoping to hear from you. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Gonzalo_M
Beginner

Hi! didn't had the chance to deal with this issue yet. I'll reply when i'll get it done. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Gonzalo_M,

Thank you for the update. 

Feel free to let us know once you are able to try out the latest driver from Supermicro and contacted them regarding the issue. 

Please also be reminded that we are only doing our best effort support on this one as we have limited support for OEM controller. It is still best to contact your manufacturer for further assistance.

Awaiting to hear from you. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Gonzalo_M,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you already had the chance to deal with this issue. Feel free to give us an update once there is any. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Gonzalo_M,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

This is just a follow up to check if you already had the chance to deal with this issue. Feel free to give us an update once there is any. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Gonzalo_M,

Good day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Gonzalo_M
Beginner

Well a few months later, im back with a report.

After uninstall the actual drivers (which made me lost of all the network configurations) i installed the latest drivers and the Adaptive mode appeared as default.. now i'll have to reconfigure all the interfaces and virtual switches. Pretty unconvenient to have to uninstall the Protools instead of being upgraded.. 

0 Kudos