Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4808 Discussions

I am trying to install the Advanced Network Services on a Server 2019(1809) install, however I do not get the option when running the installer.

Cahoon
Beginner

I am using the software found here

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031823/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

When attempting the install I only see the option for "Intel Ethernet DCB Service for iSCSI"

Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mike_Intel
Hello Cahoon, To answer your question, as per the link below. Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2* is the last Windows Server operating system version that supports Intel ANS. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005667/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Mike_Intel
Hello Cahoon, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Before we proceed, can you provide the complete model of the Network card? If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Cahoon
Beginner

Hello Mike,

The card is a INTEL ETHERNET X540 DP 10GB + I350 1GB DP NETWORK DAUGHTER CARD

Thanks

0 Kudos
Cahoon
Beginner

Here is a screenshot of the install options present when using the latest driver pack.

Thanks

intel_install_options.jpg

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Cahoon, If you are trying to create Teaming, the Teaming and VLAN features in PROSet for Windows device manager have been removed, as Windows 10 1809 and later no longer supports this function. Please use PowerShell to create Teaming and VLAN. You can check and visit this link for Intel® Ethernet SW 23.5 Release Information: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031823/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Cahoon
Beginner

Hello Mike,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I am familiar with the requirement to use Powershell to create the team and VLAN's however when doing so powershell produces an error stating that ANS is not installed.

PS C:\Users\Administrator> add-intelnetteammember cmdlet Add-IntelNetTeamMember at command pipeline position 1 Supply values for the following parameters: TeamName: !!10GB Team Name[0]: Intel(R) Ethernet 10G 4P X540/I350 rNDC Name[1]: Intel(R) Ethernet 10G 4P X540/I350 rNDC #2 Name[2]: add-intelnetteammember : Advanced Network Services is not installed. Please re-run the software installation and select “Advanced Network Services” from the options list and try the command again.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Cahoon, How about this link, please try following the steps on the link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031823/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Cahoon
Beginner

Hello Mike,

I have completed the steps in that link however I encounter the same problems.

Let me know if there is anything else,

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Cahoon, Can you try to uninstall your re-install your current driver and check if the ANS will appear? If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Cahoon
Beginner

Hello Mike,

I have attempted this several times and even tried the install after another clean install of windows to no luck.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Cahoon, Before we further proceed with this one. May I know the reason why you want to install ANS? What are you going to configure? If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Cahoon
Beginner

Hello Mike,

The obejective is to use it to create a team between two 10GB links and leverage VLAN's (Virtual NICS). We can't use Microsoft's Teaming solution as it is limited to just 32 vNICs per team. ANS offered the ability to scale this to 64 vNICs.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Cahoon, Thank you for the clarification. Please open the link below and try the steps provided on how to create a team in Windows 2019. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032008/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Cahoon, Just want to check if you tried the stepson the link that we provided. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Cahoon
Beginner

Hello,

I am waiting on a main board replacement for this server before I can proceed. Please allow me a week to get this settled.

Thanks

Carroll

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Cahoon, Thank you for the update. May I know when can we expect your update on this one? If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Cahoon, Just want to check when can you provide an update on this issue. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Cahoon
Beginner

Hello Mike,

I have finally gotten back to testing this and even with the steps you provided in the last link it does not appear that ANS has successfully installed. I still receive the following error

Advanced Network Services is not installed. Please re-run the software installation and select “Advanced Network Services” from the options list and try the command again.

Thanks,

Carroll

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Cahoon, How about teaming? Were you able to create a team after replacing the board? If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Cahoon
Beginner

Hello Mike,

I receive that error when trying to create the team.

Thanks,

Carroll

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Cahoon, Please try the steps below: To create a VLAN in PowerShell use the following: 1. Open Windows Powershell as administrator. 2. Import the PROSet Powershell* module using this command: Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets" 3. Type "Get-IntelNetAdapter" to display the name of your network adapter. 4. Type "Add-IntelNetVLAN" to initiate the creation of VLAN. When prompted for "ParentName", you can use the name of your network adapter from the "Get-IntelNetAdapter" output. The PowerShell commands for Intel PROSet are described in the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023545/network-and-i-o.html If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos