Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

I210 Teaming after Windows 10 April 2018 Update

n_
Novice

I had a pair of I210 NICs (a dual-NIC motherboard) teamed via Static Link Aggregation and all was working fine until today when Windows 10 x64 decided to apply the April 2018 cumulative update. The page providing the respective drivers with ANS support (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=64399 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=64399) states that the latest version is 23.1 (dated 2018-02-21). Even with this latest driver, however, I can re-create the team, but it cannot be enabled. The only way to keep things in a sort of working state is to disable one of the NICs as well as the virtual team interface and keep only the other NIC active (i.e., not an ideal scenario).

Is there any chance that a new version of the driver will be available soon?

Thanks.

nvx

108 Replies
JDewa1
Beginner

Hello,

I have an i350-AM2 network card. I have exactly the same problem.

I'm using the latest v23.1 drivers.

In Windows 10.1709, I have no problem.

But with Windows 10 April 2018, link aggregation does not work and creating a new aggregation is impossible!

Is there any chance that a new version of the driver will be available soon?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jeje18,

A new driver version will be available but I don't have the timeline yet. I will further check then provide update.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
AGuer8
Novice

When is a new driver going to be released? This has happened 3 times but I was usually able to update the "Intel Network Connections" software and things would work. This time there is no luck. I can create the TEAM interface but it sits there disabled.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi _nvx,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. A newer driver will be released soon but I don't have the exact timeline. I will further check for you.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi _nvx and all,

We appreciate your patience on this matter and please be informed the new driver release should be available within the next couple of weeks. Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
MZ7
Beginner

I knew that April Update is really full of buggs but "couple of weeks" sounds really bad.

0 Kudos
VForm
Beginner

Same here I have a server with a i211 and a i219v that where teamed.

After the April update was applied they will no longer function teamed.

I have to remove the team to enable the NICs.

I also have 3 desktops that have the i219v, and networking is very spotty after the update.

Internet works fine, but can only find local machines 50% of the time. Using wifi cards to fix the issue.

Please update drivers intel.

0 Kudos
MZ7
Beginner

Same problem here. I have three NIC in my PC. One is onboard (Intel 82579V) and two on D33682. I can build Team but can't start it. I tried everything and on the end i can't start team virtual interface. It's really killing my work because i need to run now on 1Gbpsinsted of 3Gbps.

Is any ETA to solve this issue? Also can someone post link to driver when Intel will upload it?

0 Kudos
JCong1
Beginner

Same issues for me as well. Need new drivers ASAP please!!!

0 Kudos
RWozn
Beginner

I am having same issue with i350-T4

0 Kudos
ZKłos
New Contributor I

Hi,

Same here. Both teams (2x I350-T2, I211AT+I219V) refuse to work after installng Windows 10 1803 'April Update'. Both teams show up properly in Device Manager, not disabled, no exclamation marks etc etc. but logical interfaces in Control Panel -> Network Connections show up as disabled and cannot be enabled.

I rolled back to 1709 release waiting until new driver is released (I'm using latest 23.1 driver).

Zak84
Beginner

Same problem here.

With the update 1803 of windows 10 the teaming stopped working with the following network cards:

i210+i218 (Two computers with this configuration)

Intel i350-T2

I absolutely need that teaming function back to work in my studio. We need a driver update ASAP.

0 Kudos
BCox6
Beginner

Broke network connection on 10 systems all setup with Teaming enabled using l219-V and i211

What is the easiest way to get by until this is fixed?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI HEVNBND,

Currently we are still waiting for the Windows 10 RS4 driver of Intel NIC to be released. Thank you for your patience on this matter.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
GCatt
Beginner

There is no 'easy' way around the problem with Intel teaming on Windows 10 1803. We need updated software from Intel. Here's what I did:

1. Uninstall Intel networking PROSet software

2. Manually install the drivers for your network adapters using 'Update Driver' from Windows Device Manager.

This will get your individual network interfaces working correctly as separate NICs without teaming. Hopefully Intel will release new software soon.

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

answer from intel:

SW Release 23.2 will include support for Windows 10 Redstone 4 (RS4).

The release is not yet available. Should be available in two to four weeks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Why so long? This isn't a surprise release of Windows... Dev team really needs to add some priority to this.

0 Kudos
DBurn5
Novice

In a world of pain here!

This update cannot come soon enough!

(Quad 1000 Pro PT)

GCari
Beginner

The same problem with two I210 on my motherboard

0 Kudos
CSmit29
New Contributor I

Support for Windows Redstone 4 (RS4). Build (17134) version 1803 will be available as part of the SW 23.2 Release.

We are currently in the process of validating the final build of 23.2 and anticipate a public release by the end of next week.

We apologize for the delay in this release, however there were a couple issues we uncovered with the original release build which required us to apply a fix and then re-build and validate.

The moment SW 23.2 is available and published on our Intel Download Center this thread will be updated with a link to the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283 Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack as it is the first download record that we publish for each SW release.

We appreciate your patience.

Intel Ethernet Team

0 Kudos