Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

I210 Teaming after Windows 10 April 2018 Update

n_
Novice

I had a pair of I210 NICs (a dual-NIC motherboard) teamed via Static Link Aggregation and all was working fine until today when Windows 10 x64 decided to apply the April 2018 cumulative update. The page providing the respective drivers with ANS support (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=64399 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=64399) states that the latest version is 23.1 (dated 2018-02-21). Even with this latest driver, however, I can re-create the team, but it cannot be enabled. The only way to keep things in a sort of working state is to disable one of the NICs as well as the virtual team interface and keep only the other NIC active (i.e., not an ideal scenario).

Is there any chance that a new version of the driver will be available soon?

Thanks.

nvx

108 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi MichaelWolff and all,

Understand some of you are encountering issue when configured VLAN using new PROSet software 23.2, please try the following steps:

1. Make sure to fully remove any Teams | VLANS

2. Uninstall previous drivers/PROSet for the network adapter.

3. Install 23.2 SW

4. Reboot System

5. Teaming and VLAN (tabs) should be available in Adapter Properties as part of ANS

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
SAyod
Beginner

I thought that died years ago. You're using Microsoft's driver, so I would guess intel doesn't support it any more. I thought it https://heraldsheets.com/ https://www.eaglesnewsmedia.com/ died with Windows 8 or something. ht

0 Kudos
SWund1
Beginner

1. Ver 23.1

2. After the 23.2 release

3. I am connect to the internet using the teams

0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner

I was able to install the driver and create a team with no issues, however, for some reason the team only shows 1Gbps when it should be 2Gbps.

Edited screenshot.

0 Kudos
ŁTuro
Beginner

Show Network Card Driver Details not Graphic Card, please

I am curious of drivers version though.

0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner

edited my screenshot. My apologies.

0 Kudos
GCari
Beginner

I do not find formatting as an option for this

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

So ... remove teams/virtual nics (vlans). Uninstall driver (include checkbox for delete driver), reboot, install new driver, upgrade to 1803, set up teams/vnics/vlans .... should work?

0 Kudos
AGuer8
Novice

The new 23.2 works probably only until the next windows update. Intel needs to stay on top of these things.

0 Kudos
PHo8
Beginner

Works for me. I manually updated my drivers and then ran the autorun in the zip file to install ANS and I am able to create a team showing 2.0 Gbps. Running Win 10 Pro 1803. Using the two onboard Intel network ports on the GA-H270N WiFi motherboard.

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

You who report that it doesn't work:

Can you please double check that you actually have the right driver installed via device manager? And have you tried to remove the old driver first?
0 Kudos
AGuer8
Novice

I didn't uninstall the old software. I installed the new software then deleted the interfaces from device manager and rebooted. Everything came up fine after that.

MWolf8
Beginner

Intel X550-T2

i used the 23.2 version from the x550-t2 driver-downloadpage but still driver dated to 17.10.2017 and version 4.1.74.0 tried to update manual but can´t find any newer driver in the package.

0 Kudos
MM69
Beginner

The new driver 23.2 works for my X550-T2 an Windows 10 1803.

Just try it.

0 Kudos
ZKłos
New Contributor I

New 23.2 driver was just released, it claims teaming support for RS4/1803 Windows build.

0 Kudos
GCari
Beginner

If I look for the latest driver for my I210 device in support, it still comes out as the last version 23.1

0 Kudos
ARosb
Beginner
0 Kudos
GCari
Beginner

I've already tried it and it does not work for me. My comment comes because it looks more like a beta than something tested, because it does not appear on the official download.

0 Kudos
MM69
Beginner

You have to download the complete driver package for all OS. Only this is in Version 23.2

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/product/64399 Downloads für Intel® I210-Ethernet-Controller

0 Kudos
ARosb
Beginner
0 Kudos
GCari
Beginner

The first thing that happens to me with that version is this:

Which is something that with a final version would not happen.

When creating a team I get the following error:

Clearly there is a problem. And although the equipment generates it, as with version 23.1, it is impossible to activate the adapter.

A question to those who have worked. The version of drivers that installs you is this ?:

Thanks and best regards

0 Kudos