Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

I219LM (11) VLAN

LionelP
Beginner

Hi,

Trying to install VLAN on recent computer, the chipset seem to not support VLAN installation. We use the last driver and PowerShell command to add VLAN.

When Installing new driver, Proset options are not proposed. When using an system image (wich have proset pre-installed), we have an error message that say the hardware not support this option.

Using linux, it's OK.

Do you plan to developpe a correct driver for this new hardware ? Or have a solution ?

Thank you for advice.

Lionel

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello LionelP,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Can you share the link where you downloaded the driver that you are using right now?
  2. You are using an Image to install the OS with embedded driver?
  3. Are you using a PCIe I219-LM or this in onboard?
  4. What is the brand model of your board or system?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
LionelP
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for fast reply. I'll try to reply as mush as possible cause I'm working at home today.

1. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/fr/download/25016/Ethernet-Pilote-de-carte-r-seau-Intel-pour-Windows-10?product=82186

2. I tryed both. Using first installation and using image (using FOG). We never had any trouble using this way.

3. It's onboard

4. The brand model is Dell Precision 3640.

I can had as information that we have the same trouble on many differents computer with this same chipset. The only think what have changed from last configuration is the number of version wich is now at 11 when going in the ethernet properties "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (11) I219-LM". I think this number is for the chipset version ?

Regards,

Lionel

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LionelP,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Can you try the steps provided on the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000035837/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
LionelP
Beginner

Hi,

I was absent from my office. I tryed this morning and it still not working... When installing, event if I used the command "PROSET=1", the box which is openned don't show the proset's options. After, the folder "IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets" is not available...

I tryed installing the last driver on our reference image. The intel command works cause when I use "Get-IntelNetAdapter", in return I can see my network connection. But when I try to add a VLAN I have this message in return :

"Add-IntelNetVLAN : Votre demande comprenait des cartes réseau non supportées. Les résultats concernant les cartes
réseau suivantes ne seront pas retournés:
Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (11) I219-LM
Au caractère Ligne:1 : 1
+ Add-IntelNetVLAN -ParentName "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (11) I219- ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation : (:) [Add-IntelNetVLAN], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Erreur lors de l'exécution de la cmdlet.,Intel.Network.VLAN.AddIntelNetVlan"

It seems that this hardware is not supported. But under linux system, it's OK...

What could I do ?

Lionel

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LionelP,

Thank you for the update.

At this point, since the network card is onboard. It is best of you contact the manufacturer of the board for further checking.

They may have altered the features of the network card or they may have the right driver or steps on how to configure VLAN.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
LionelP
Beginner

Ok, thanks, I'll do that and give you a feedback with news from Dell.

Regards,

Lionel

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LionelP,

Thank you for the update. I will wait for your update.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LionelP,

I hope you had a great weekend. I just want to check if you are trying to get a fix with the manufacturer of the board.

I also want to check if you still have clarifications with us regarding this thread.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
LionelP
Beginner

Hello Michael,

I was this morning with Dell on assistance by phone but still don't have a solution. When I tryed to install their drivers, I see they give the PCIe driver. I was thinking it's an onboard chip cause it's not phisically a card on pci slot...

How could I verify this last point ?

Is it making changes regarding to our trouble (you told me to check with the manufacturer because it was supposed to be onboard chip) ?

It's impossible to had Proset and ANS software with this card...

Thank you,

Lionel

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LionelP,

Did you try to ask them why did they provided a PCIe driver for your network card? There will be no changes since the network card is still on-board. The possible reason why they provided you a PCIe driver is because the onboard network card is using PCIe bus on the board. But you need to confirm this to them since they are the one who knows the design of their board. It is best to continue talking to them regarding this issue.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
LionelP
Beginner

Hi,

I keep trying to resolve the problem with the manufacturer but it's seems to be a long way. Once descripting the problem, giving more information, verifying the use of the last bios update and driver... And one day for each intevention...

Regards,

Lionel

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LionelP,

Thank you for the update. Since you are now talking to Dell, do you still have questions for us?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LionelP,

I am just sending another follow up to check if you still have questions regarding this thread since you are now talking to Dell. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
MaryT_Intel
Employee

Hi @LionelP , cc: @Mike_Intel ,

I'm sorry you weren't able to respond to Michael's inquiries. I found that the thread was locked so I apologize for that. I see that you're being helped on a new thread though. 

Please ping me if you have any similar issues so I can address it immediately. Thank you!

Mary T.

Support Community Manager

intel.community@intel.com 

0 Kudos