Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel 82579V Issue

SGarl
Beginner

<><> Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong place <><>

Ok I'll keep this brief.

Problem:- LAN regulary disconnects and reconnets 30 seconds later.

Symptons:- Loose connection to Lan / Internet for around 30 seconds.

Background:- Had this problem with both P8P67 B2 and P8P67 pro boards. I have several other computers connected to the switch (not hub) and they are working fine. Have replaced the lead to no avail. Have even used the same lead in several other computers which works fine.

Config:-

Study

Netgear 8 port SWITCH 10/100/1000

Server

VOIP

PC

Switch connected to lounge hard wired via outdoor sheilded cat6 lead.

Lounge

Netgear 8 port SWITCH 10/100/1000

Router

XBOX 360

Wii

<><><>

Message in System Event Logs;-

<><>

Warning message - date time - source = e1cexpress

Event ID = 27

Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

- Network link is disconnected

<><>

Then it states its connected again.

Have also tried the following;-

Remove Kaspersky 2011

Ensure ALL power management even OS is disabled

Use IPV4 instead of IPv6 in prefix policies

Disable nativue IPv6

Disable tunnel IPv6

Disable IPv6

netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int ip set global taskoffload=disabled

Disabled SNP;-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters]

EnableTCPChimney=dword:00000000

EnableTCPA=dword:00000000

EnableRSS=dword:00000000

Have tried driver from Asus MB CD, Asus Website, Your Website, Windows Update all to no avail.

Please help.

0 Kudos
231 Replies
idata
Employee

Small update.

The bios was already op the latest version and all the latest drivers were already installed.

But there is some light as I found a way to reproduce the issue and solve it (more or less).

When the pc is disconnected from the power plug for at least 5min and I replug the power cord the NIC will not be found upon boot, and the neither on the reboots afterwards.

What I need to do is to unplugg the power cord again, wait for 5min, plug it in and then, most of the time, the nic is found again, it will remain so for the next reboots, as long as I don't remove the power cord.

Hopefully this can help to pin down the issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I think I have been able to solve my problem with the NIC.

It was related to the power input, I changed my multi plug to a surge protected multi plug and the problem went away.

From this finding I guess the NIC is really sensitive to power variations or little surges.

Anyway, it went away and I can finally start using my new system

0 Kudos
RH4
Beginner

Problem: When NIC link speed is placed in "Auto Negotiation" or "1.0 Gigabit FD" link only last about 30 sec.@ 1GB FD.

Hardware: ASUS P8Z77-V Pro, V1.xx Mobo (BIOS 2003), Netgear GS605V2 switch.

Software: Win7 64 (fully updated), ProSet 17.3.63.0, Driver 12.6.45.0

Actions: Ran 82579VSKU software which gave "This device's Flash will not be updated."

Tried ASUS 17.0, 17.3 and Intel CD 8.3, and Intel ProSet 18.3.

Tried setting GB Master/Slave to Slave, Interrupt Modulation to Disable

Turned off "Energy Efficient Ethernet" "Reduce Link speed during standby" and "Idle"

What Works: If I lock link @ 100Mbs FD, all is well. Tried 2x different cables (that work fine on other systems, 1x CAT-6, 1x CAT5e {store bought}, Diagnostics pass with both cables in 100Mbps {link won't stay up in GB})

I have opened a ticket with ASUS, but I really think this is a Intel problem. When I removed ASUS drivers and installed Intel I could only connect @ 100Mbps.

Any solutions??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional troubleshooting (using a D-Link router as a link partner) revealed that the Netgear GS605 was the problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

We have an issue to.

if we disable the card then enable it again it will work.

Has anyone fixed this issue yet.?

Intel really should hurry up and sort something

0 Kudos
PTrul
Novice

Same here... Got an ASUS Maximus V Gene. Everything worked fine for months, then suddenly a few weeks ago these problems started. And it is really getting on my nerves when I'm gaming online.

Tried the firmware update, nothing happened. Also tried some tricks from the first page, didn't help. I hope there will be a solution, else there won't be a board with Intel NIC in here anymore.

0 Kudos
jmalz
Beginner

I'll tell you. If Intel is going to ignore this issue from so many people they better start sending out some external PCI NICs. I'm very sorry I didn't go with my original thought and get an ASUS MB

0 Kudos
PTrul
Novice

Hey Joe, no need to post this often. This won't get Intel to be any faster.

Anyway: I just got an answer from the ASUS support. They told me, that an energy saving function in my AVM Fritz!Box router could be guilty. But I don't know if these are available in your region, I only read about Netgear in this thread.

In addition to that I got quite positive results with the new 17.3 driver from the ASUS page. So everyone owning an ASUS board should contact the support in their region!

0 Kudos
jmalz
Beginner

Yeah sorry, it's just so frustrating. I gave up on this anyway. I like Lewis' idea.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I will post here just in case you didn't see my update in earlier post.

Here is what fixed my problem with the 82579V. For other reasons I had to reinstall Win 8 pro on my P8Z77-V PRO motherboard. I did NOT install the Intel chip set software from Asus. The drivers that came with Win 8 Pro do NOT have the problem of sleeping the 82579V. Problem solved, at least for me, just do NOT use the crappy drivers from Intel.

0 Kudos
PTrul
Novice

Nice to know. My final solution is a switch between router and PC. At least until I buy a new mainboard which has a Realtek NIC on it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
/message/171134# 171134 Intel 82579V Issue

P8Z77 pro, I have problems with internet connection, if i connect intel 82579v directly it is show to plug an ethernet cable into the computer, if i connection by router (dlink) . the router show me all is fine but work for a day or two then local area connection show exclamation sign and no connection

Mention that problems start about two weeks ago]

in event viewer show

11/6/2012 6:54:49 PM Name resolution for the name imgcdn.ptvcdn.net timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. details+System

-Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client[ Guid]{1C95126E-7EEA-49A9-A3FE-A378B03DDB4D}EventID1014Version0Level3Task0Opcode<...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, I had the same problem. My board is a DZ68BC BIOS Version 0039 (Latest). The event viewer is full of this error Id 27, with origin in e1cexpress. Sporadic reboots and bluescreens for months. Intel Corporation Inc., please: we dont need more problems, we need solutions!!

0 Kudos
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

Santiago wrote:

Hi, I had the same problem. My board is a DZ68BC BIOS Version 0039 (Latest).

So given you have a newish board which should be covered by Warranty, what did Intel Tech Support say when you logged this issue with them? Any motherboard related problems including issues with onboard devices should be reported to Intel's tech support people in the first instance. If you follow Intels support website for your country it should list the various methods of contacting them for motherboard support.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel(R) Management Engine version 7.1.52.1176

Intel(R) Core i7 2600k.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same problem too. My main board is Asus Sabertooth X79 with the latest UEFI(3203) updated.

my switch is NETGEAR GS108v3. I don't think this was an existing problem when I first built my rig with Sabertooth, but at some point, it happened very very often.

to fix the problem, I update the latest drivers and reconfig as some stated it may help, but I just couldn't fix it.

so I put Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter (PCI-E x1, Intel 82574L). That works fine. So it also made very clear that 82579V onboard has some problem. Is Intel going to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In my observations network chipset have problem with power saving from switch or hub side.

Im using d-link power line adapters for connectivity with my home network. Adapters after 5 minutes of idle connection just go to power saving stage. So after cool start up of system my network card cant connect to power-saving PLC. My solution was to ENABLE wake up on lan. After this my truned off pc still have connection to PLC.

Apologize for my horrible English

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I've solved the cold boot code 10 error with Intel 82579V doing a Bios update.

I'm using a Gigabyte Sniper M3 and the latest beta Bios F10c fixed the issue.

So check for a Bios update with your motherboard manufacturer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have a MSI board with the 82579v chip that did the code 10 a couple of times, updated drivers, fixed, but it always had the disconnect/reconnect all the time... web pages would load with "page not found"" at times or they would not display properly. I tried bios updates, driver updates, uninstall/reinstall, no dice. On a whim made a true administrator account, logged into that account, deleted the nic drivers, and reinstalled the ones that came on my board CD. So far, everything is hunky dory and working fine. Wish I'd tried this before ordering a new pci-e nic card. Well, I'll try teaming when it shows up. Might be a fix for some but obviously not all.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Oopps, forget that. Problem is back. Trying onboard video and so far if I use onboard video, works fine but when I use discrete vid (Radeon HD 6850) then I get the constant disconnects. No unused standoffs in the case. Using Windows 8 so maybe it doesn't like non win 8 certified cards?
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro mobo

windows 7 pro 64bit

tried all versions of drivers available

had pc connected to gigabit router for about a year now and the router went, during that time link speed would only auto negotiate to 100 full duplex, never to the full gb. I was satisfied with the speeds so I never looked into it until recently, had to replace the router with another and its only a 10/100 router. Now pc will only auto negotiate a 10m link speed no matter what I try. If i can get it to 100m speed its only for about 5 min then It will either drop back down or go to a 169.-.-.- IP address requiring me to reboot pc. speedtest only giving me <1mb for download speeds. This nic has only been able to perform at 1/10th the advertised speeds. <span style="color: # 000000; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; background-color: # ffffff;">If this cant be fixed I want a new gb ethernet card professionally installed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm not convinced that this is a problem of the intel network adaptor itself.

I have an Asus Sabertooth Z77 motherboard with the 82579v onboard. Reading these forums I have tried almost all suggestions without any luck. In my case, even a warm reboot sets my maximum bandwith back to less than 2Mb (I have a 20Mb connection) and frequent interruptions of the connection.

Since I work online, this issue is killer for my work. I specifically bought this motherboard since it is advertised as being 'robust' and reliable. However, it fails to simply establish a proper connection with the internet.

One of the suggestions I tried was to add a seperate NIC. You won't believe this, but (like some others reported as well) that card shows the exact same problem, synchronous with the onboard 82579v.

It's true that disabling and re-enabling the card in the hardware manager solves the problem. So does changing one of the settings of the hardware.

This problem, in my mind, lies in something more generic. Intel Smart Connect Technology would be the first I would look into. After all, that one controls more than just the onboard NIC, like the driver of the 82579v does.

Maybe bios incompatibility is an issue (I installed the latest for my MOBO, but to no avail).

In my case it is really frustrating to spend quite a bit of money on a quality motherboard, only to end up with a system that doesn't allow me to do my work properly since I cannot establish a reliable connection to the web.

Is there any chance that Intel will QA the drivers and the ISCT software to make sure that this problem gets resolved? I'd even be willing to offer myself as a test subject. I lack the money to buy a different motherboard, otherwise I would have. And I cannot send it back, since I cannot work without my PC (tossed the old one when this one seemed to work fine). Meanwhile, I cannot do my work properly.

Ever tried setting up a GTM session with 10 staff members that you need to manage, and share your screen with a constantly dropping connection? It's a disaster.

Anyway, if there is any update on a fix for this problem, I for one would be very eager to hear about it.

0 Kudos