Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4920 讨论

Intel Communication: Intel® Ethernet Controller I226 Series-Random connection drops at random times

Cam__Intel
员工
52,983 次查看

Some customers have recently reported connection drops at random times, specifically on the newly launched 700 series motherboards with Intel® Ethernet Controller I226-V.

Intel has reproduced the issue and is diligently working on a root cause and fix. For any of our customers experiencing this problem, a mitigation option to explore is to disable the “Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)” mode in the Advanced Windows/ Linux driver setting.  We believe this should help. We are continuing to assess the situation and will follow-up accordingly.

We appreciate those who have shared information about their experience with this issue, and we welcome your input.  Intel will continue to review the comments and information you share to help us work towards a solution.

Best Regards,

Intel

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
77 回复数
Dietoreborn
初学者
7,796 次查看

Hello,

Hope you are doing well.

Do you have news from this issue ? I've done the recommended configuration but this issue still running.

Thank you.

0 项奖励
M4rvin
初学者
7,736 次查看
Hello, since day 1 I have the same problem!
I'm pissed!
How can that be, you buy hardware for hundreds of euros and then that **bleep** doesn't work!
None of the "tips" have been successful so far, neither the conversion to 1GBPS nor the deactivation of Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)!

Here is some information about the system:

windows 10

motherboard:
MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI (MS-7D89)

CPU:
Intel Core i9 13900K

Driver version:
1.1.4.38, 1.1.3.28 (both tested)

Cable:
Cat.6a

Furthermore, different switches were tested!

I ask for SOLUTION of the problem, I'm very disappointed how something like this can happen!

Thanks
BeeIn
初学者
7,723 次查看

Latest driver 2.1.3.3 didn't solve problems on ASUSTeK's TUF GAMING H770-PRO WIFI (EEE disabled or not).

Even if I set a fixed speed of 1 Gbps, it takes about 3-5 minutes after Windows 11 startup to establish a connection, but only at 100 Mbps (Event Log: Intel Ethernet Controller I226-V – Network link has been established at 100Mbps full duplex).
In the Event Log are the repeated entries "Network link is disconnected."

On the opposite side of ethernet cable is 1-Gb port of Turris Omnia (chipset Marvell Armada 380/385, Turris OS with kernel Version:5.15.96).

A faster connection (mostly under a 2 minute) is established when I put a dumb 4-port switch between Turris and the I226 (some Zyxel). Although my speed negotiation is fixed at 1 Gbps Full Duplex, the speed varies between 100 Mbps and 1 Gbps (Event Log / visually changes color of LED on router/switch, mostly only 100 Mbps).

I am waiting for solution to the problem.

0 项奖励
Leoira
初学者
7,442 次查看

It look like All I226-v get this same issue. We hope intel reply this issue, and can fix this issue ASAP.

Network Card: I226-v

Drvier: 2.1.3.3

My MB: ROG Z790F WIFI D5

Fixed disconnect issue by 2.1.3.3, but he network speed always random down to 100 Mbps, cannnot normal use 1 Gbps now.

(We config lock to use 1Gbps already)

0 项奖励
BeeIn
初学者
7,411 次查看

Fixed now with cheap PCIE x1 card with 1Gb RTL8111E chip.
Not optimal but it works Onboard ethernet chip disabled.

0 项奖励
Enformic
初学者
7,575 次查看

Where's the **bleep**ing fix Intel? Disabling settings doesn't work, none of the older drivers work, updating BIOSes doesn't work, this has been going on since January and you don't seem to have the slightest clue as to how to fix a problem you introduced to everyone.

0 项奖励
bosk
新手
7,123 次查看

Hi Support Team,

This description does not solve the problem. 

I need a fix for my NUC13 now!

0 项奖励
StratoJoe
初学者
7,009 次查看

I have this issue as well, very annoying!  I really hope there's a fix soon, it's been months!!!

0 项奖励
sworcester
初学者
6,980 次查看

I ended up doing all the tests, all the driver/FIRMWARE/Workarounds and eventually called up Asus and swapped out the motherboard. The new mobo has worked great

0 项奖励
bosk
新手
6,961 次查看

It is really annoying. There is no solution at all. I tried all the settings and nothing worked.

I want to have my Intel Nuc 13 changed!!

0 项奖励
r_ripoli
初学者
6,402 次查看

There is some news about this issue? I'm facing a speed drop issue. My ISP provides 600mbps, with my oldest mobo I was able to reach a 50~55mb/s download rate.

With the I226-V, only 30mb/s max, even with the same CAT5E cable used in my old mobo (a 13 year old mobo by the way, an Intel DH55PJ with an Intel 82578 DC Gigabit Network Adapter).

Intel, please, FIX THIS!!!!

0 项奖励
LK_
新手
6,240 次查看

In my case (NUC 13), slow download speeds were solved by turning "Link State Power Management" to "Off" (alternatively it can be disabled also in BIOS/UEFI - search for ASPM).

LK__0-1692349861855.png

0 项奖励
ksimny
初学者
4,952 次查看

I just installed a new Asus Strix z790 board.  I get gigabit internet and on my previous motherboard I was getting over 900 mbps.  Now, I'm struggling to maintain this speed with drops to around 50mbps.  I'm also sometimes getting 0 upload speeds.

Intel what is happening?! I didn't upgrade my board to get slower speeds! How close are we to a fix? 

0 项奖励
Dietoreborn
初学者
4,927 次查看

Not sure, they're gonna to fix it one day.

I also had a new motherboard which came out very recently, same problem again and the same settings to apply to try and limit the damage.
I sincerely believe that Intel will never try to correct it.

0 项奖励
schultzey11
初学者
4,796 次查看

New PC build here.  I have the motherboard below and after updating from windows 10 (network card working find)  to 11 the network hardwired connection was intermittent and ultimate wouldn't work.  I found this forum and tried the intel driver suggested earlier but that did not work.  I went to asus's website and installed the driver for this board and my card seems to be working again.  Will post again here is it drops out.

I don't know the difference but this seems to have worked.  Link to driver below.

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b760-a-gaming-wifi-d4-model/helpdesk_download/?model=rog%20strix%20b760-a%20gaming%20wifi%20d4

ASUS ROG Strix B760-A Gaming WiFi D4 Intel B760 (13th and 12th Gen) LGA1700 white

0 项奖励
warham
初学者
4,729 次查看

similar problem.  789 asus e gamung mobo 1226v nic.  windows 10 and windows 11 security updates will stop network connection completely. Have to remove security updates to get it back. 

0 项奖励
AY1
员工
4,595 次查看

Intel is pleased to inform that we have identified and resolved the issue. To ensure optimal performance, we recommend all affected users work with motherboard vendors to update NVM version to 2.22 and Windows 11 driver to 2.1.3.15 or Windows 10 driver to 1.1.4.42. These updates have undergone extensive testing and have demonstrated stability.

After applying these updates, it is safe to manually enable "Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)" mode in the Windows driver.

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding these updates, please contact us.

Thank you for choosing Intel.

Best Regards,

Intel

0 项奖励
bosk
新手
4,551 次查看

Thanks a lot! This update solved the problem!

I did not thought that this will solved but the update did a good job!

Happy customer

0 项奖励
Overling
初学者
4,549 次查看
It didn’t fix anything for me. Windows security update update still kills my network connections.
0 项奖励
AY1
员工
4,116 次查看

Hello.

Please work with your board vendor to find a solution for updating the firmware.

Thanks,

Intel

0 项奖励
sworcester
初学者
4,480 次查看

How about links to those drivers since OEMs haven't posted them. AT least ASUS hasn't.

0 项奖励
回复