Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4868 Discussions

Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter

AMari17
Beginner

Hello,

I have this adapter newly installed in my system and at every start of the computer or a restart it takes about 2-3 minutes to make the connection to the internet. After it makes the connection everything is working great.

It is connected to a MikroTik hapAC router.

I've set on it fixed IP, I disabled IPv6. Link speed is 1.00 Gbps

Driver version is Intel PROSet Version: 22.9.6.0

All the self run tests are finished successfully.

Everything on Power Management tag is disabled.

Please advice on what to do to make it connect faster (instant as other network adapters)

Thank you.

Adrian

L.E.: it looks like I got the same delay for my other network adapter from my system (on board Realtek)

I think it happens since I installed the Intel adapter.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Adrianmarius,

Thank you for posting in Intel Wired Ethernet Communities. This only started happening after installing the Intel adapter? Did you replace a different Intel adapter, and were you already running a version of the Intel PROset software? To give us a better idea of the drivers, and configurations for the adapter please provide https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- System Support Utility logs. This will not collect any personal information.
  • Download and run the .exe from the link above
  • Check "everything" then click "scan"
  • When scan is finished click "next"
  • Save the log and attach it to a post
The https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008490/software/software-applications.html FAQs have additional information about this utility. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Daniel D
0 Kudos
AMari17
Beginner

Yes, it started after I added Intel adapter. No, I was not running another Intel adapter, I replaced this adapter: TP-Link TG-3468

I attached the log.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Adrianmarius,

Thank you for the SSU log.
  • Does the connection take a long time to establish on both cold boots and reboots?
  • If you boot into safe mode with networking does the connection establish faster with minimum services on start up?
  • Does the connection establish faster in DHCP?
  • Check that the static address being used is not included in the pool for DHCP assignment on the MiktoTik.
  • You might also remove and re-install the drivers with the latest version. See if the adapter works well with default settings before optimizing them.
The latest drivers are available here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18713/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-?product=83418

If you have any questions please let us know.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Adrianmarius,

Please let us know if you are having any issues retrieving the SSU logs or gathering the requested information. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Adrianmarius,

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos