Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V disconnects randomly

therealpanix
Beginner

My ethernet connection disconnects randomly, sometimes it reconnects but other times it doesnt and I have to restart my PC because of it. I have changed the cable, but I still have the same problem.

Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello therealpanix,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information as this would help us in checking your request.

1.) Is there any error message shown whenever the Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V got disconnected?

2.) Based on the SSU log, you are using Driver Version 12.17.10.8 from Microsoft. With this, we'd like to check if you have tried updating the driver using Intel generic driver or from MSI? Have you also raised this concern to MSI support as the software drivers linked from our download site page are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes. However, OEMs might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided via your system manufacturer. Intel or the OEM might not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers. 

Looking forward to your response.

In case we don't hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
therealpanix
Beginner

Hello,

1.) There is no error message when it disconnects. I just lose the connection.

2.) I got the Driver Version "12.18.9.10" from the MSI website and it still disconnects. I've also contacted the MSI support, but still no response from their side.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello therealpanix,

Thank you for the reply.

Can you share if you have a different system that you can test to double check that this is not an issue with your ISP? Please also share how often does the disconnection occurs.

We would highly appreciate if you can give us an update once you've heard from MSI support.

Awaiting to your reply.

In case we don't hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
therealpanix
Beginner

Hello

The MSI support wasn't a help. They told me to install the new Windows update and that's it.

Today is lost connection at 2:48 P.M. GMT and 5:50 P.M. GMT - Some days it happens more often and some days it never disconnects at all.

It isn't an ISP problem, because when I lost connection, only the ethernet connection is gone and not WIFI. I've also changed my modem and cable.

Sincerely,

therealpanix

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello therealpanix,

Appreciate your swift response.

In regards to MSI support's suggestion, can you share if you tried to install the new Windows update and check if it will help in fixing the issue?

We will also try to further check this internally to see if there is a similar issue reported on our end.

Awaiting to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
therealpanix
Beginner

Hello Crisselle C

Yes, I did install the new Windows update. It didn't really help, yesterday I had no disconnections but today at 1:10 P.M. GMT I got one.

Sincerely,

therealpanix

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello therealpanix,

Thank you for the reply.

Sharing the links below as it might help you on your query.

Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V disconnects randomly in Windows® 10

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000033910/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V disconnect

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490AjjSAE/intel-ethernet-connection-i219v-disconnect?language=en_US

Please share the results with us once you've performed the recommendations from the links above. 

Hoping to hear form you.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Gonzo1
Beginner

Hello,

I have the same problem with my NIC.

The link below does not seem to work or provide any additional information.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000033910/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products...

Please could you assist.

0 Kudos
Leprechaun_87
Beginner

Same Problem here. Im Using an MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon. I tried many things (different drivers too) and got disconnects several times in an hour. Im Using an Fritzbox.

got the " Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
Network link is disconnected. " notification.

0 Kudos
ANKITSAXENA
Beginner

Sir, I have done all previous steps as you told.

I made the PC by myself 

PC configurations are:

Processor: i5 11th gen

Motherboard: Asus PRIME H510M-E

Driver: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (14) I219-V ( auto installed)

My concern is same as above told you in query.

My PC ethernet and wifi was working well 1 week ago.  Now Wifi is working but Ethernet shows connected but no internet. I did follow all the steps as per your previous instruction and according to asus customer care executive and all. Even I reset my PC and try to update all those things which could be solve out my issue but nothing happened still. I am really very frustrated to this situation. You would not believe I have been losing 3-4 hours regularly for getting solved out of this problem. 

I believe you will definitely get out to me from this hell.

Please do you are my last hope.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello therealpanix,

Good day!

We'd like to check if you were able to try out the recommendations from our previous post.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
therealpanix
Beginner

Hello Crisselle C,

I tried both solutions and I haven't had any disconnections since.

Thank you very much for you help, if anything happens, then I'll contact you again.

Sincerely,

therealpanix

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello therealpanix,

Thank you for the update.

We are glad to hear that the suggestions helped you in fixing the issue.Please be informed that we will now close this ticket request. Should you have any other concerns or assistance needed in the future, feel free to post a new question.

May you have an amazing weekend!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Dalaii
Beginner

Hi, i'd like to add to this that i get this error too.

ASrock Z370 Fatality Gaming K6 motherboard

I219-V driver version 12.19.0.16

while pinging google.nl i get following error message for 3 pings, after that its fine again until it happens again, which makes most online games kick me out of a server/session, very annoying and infuriating.

text version of attached .png

Reply from 216.58.208.99: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=118
Reply from 216.58.208.99: bytes=32 time=6ms TTL=118
Request timed out.
General failure.
General failure.