Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5081 Discussions

Killer e2600 adapter fail connection using Forticlient VPN

rmb
Beginner

We acquired a ACER laptop equipped with the Killer E2600 adapter with updated driver to version 1168.10.720.2022.

The Wifi adapter is a Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX1675i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (211NGW).

The issue we are confronted with is establishing a IPSEC VPN connection back to a Fortigate 40F firewall unit.   Using the wire ethernet connection the VPN fails to connect.

If we connect to the Fortigate unit via WiFi then the VPN connection functions correctly.

This is the first Killer E2600 adapter that I have seen and the only one exhibiting this problem.

The VPN client is Forticlient VPN ver 7.2

On the Fortinet forum there is only one mentioned issue with the same issue, though the adapter was another manufacturer.  The issue was resolved with an updated driver.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
B_Y
Employee

Hi Roland @ rmb,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

As for your case is routed to the wrong channel and queue. We suggest you to raise the question in the Wireless Community to get help with your issue. Below is the link for the Wireless channel.

Wireless products

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/bd-p/wireless

As, for now i will be closing this case since it not related to our team support and queue.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
rmb
Beginner

You are wrong. This is definitely an ethernet product issue and not a wireless issue. If not this section then route to the correct one.

We acquired a ACER laptop equipped with the Killer E2600 adapter with updated driver to version 1168.10.720.2022.

The Wifi adapter is a Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX1675i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (211NGW).

The issue we are confronted with is establishing a IPSEC VPN connection back to a Fortigate 40F firewall unit.   Using the wire ethernet Killer E2600 connection the VPN fails to connect.

If we connect to the Fortigate unit via WiFi then the VPN connection functions correctly.

This is the first Killer E2600 adapter that I have seen and the only one exhibiting this problem.

The VPN client is Forticlient VPN ver 7.2

On the Fortinet forum there is only one mentioned issue with the same issue, though the adapter was another manufacturer.  The issue was resolved with an updated driver.

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi Roland @ rmb,

I sorry for the misunderstanding.

From your end, you can try the following troubleshooting: 

Steps to reinstall the Killer tool: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058906/wireless/wireless-software.html

Steps of Resetting Network Device and Network Stack : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/215265/ethernet-products/intel-killer-ethernet-products/intel-killer-ethernet-controller/intel-killer-ethernet-e2600.html

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
rmb
Beginner

Was able to return to the laptop in question that is experiencing the problem. Executed your recommendations to no avail the problem persists. Confused my additional research indicates that the Intel E2600 ethernet adapter is actually a Realtek product. Is this correct?

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi Roland @ rmb,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending a follow up if you have any questions from the previous post. If so, please let us know.

In case we do not hear from you, I will make a follow up on May 3rd 2023 . Thank you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi Roland @ rmb,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

In case you have any further question, you may raise your inquiry or question at following community:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/bd-p/wireless

Thank you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos