Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Need to Intel(R) 10G 2P X520 Adapter driver for Ubuntu 16.04

SSark19
Beginner

We have a NIC Intel(R) 10G 2P X520 Adapter and this is installed in PowerEdge R730xd. We have installed OS Ubuntu 16.04. But not getting this NIC in interface list.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Greetings SSark19,

Thank you for posting on our Intel Ethernet Community.

You mentioned from your post that the issue is now resolved by using an Intel brand SFP, is that correct? If yes, is there anything else that we may assist you with? If no, please explain the issue further.

Best Regards,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
SSark19
Beginner

After changing SFP brand to Intel port comes up but we need to use third party SFP. What's the steps or command to follow ?

Also after changing SFP brand Server port comes up but other side Router port not come up because of auto negotiation. How can we change auto nego off in server side ? We are using Ubuntu 16.04 ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Hello SSark19,

Thank you for your response. We need to further check your concern, Rest assured that we will update you as soon as possible.

Since we need more time on checking your concern. Is it alright if I will make an update on April 30? In case we do not hear from you, we will make an update on my proposed date.

Best Regards,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Hi Sark19,

We are currently checking your concern. For us to better assist you, please generate Intel® System Support Utility.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008563/software/software-applications.html

Is it alright if I follow up on April 30 to give you ample time to provide the needed information? If we don't receive a reply, I'll follow up on my proposed date. Let me know if you have a preferred date/time for when I can follow up with you and your preferred mode of contact for the case.

Best Regards,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Greetings Sark19,

This is just a follow up on the case we are currently working. May I know if you can provide the information we are requesting from my previous post? 

Best Regards,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Hello Sark19,

It is our pleasure assisting you. As agreed I will now be closing the case but do not hesitate to contact us back should you require further assistance for the same issue.

Sincerely,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos