Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Problem in Nios console

sRama28
Beginner

i have used simple socket server example design code and added QSPI IP on it.after adding the IP in qsys nios 2 console is not printing anything.help to resolve this /or i need to any other setting

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi sRama28,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities page.

To be able to assist you accurately, may we know the Intel® product that you are asking assistance with?

Looking forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will check back with you after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi sRama28,

We have not heard from you yet, and we are reaching out to check if you need more time.

Should we not get your response, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

If there is still no response, we may be forced to close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
sRama28
Beginner

i m using MAX10 FPGA and Ethernet simple socket server sample code from intel website.

i added QSPI in qsys and compiles NIOS 2 simple socket server code the console is not printing when i run the ELF file in NIOS.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi sRama28,

Thank you for your response,

We will be transferring your thread to our NIOS console forum.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Sathish,

Can you elaborate more about the project and what are expecting the output to be displayed in Nios console? Also what I understand Max 10 is not listed in the link below where have RJ-45 Ethernet cable.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/design-examples/intellectual-property/embedded/nios-ii/exm-hello_world.html

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
sRama28
Beginner

i am having working Simple socket server code with evaluation board.

normal sof and ELF file running correctly.but if i tried with QSPI the NIOS is not booting and the console not printing anything..

please say any idea to boot NIOS processor.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Sathish,

You can take look at below link for reference for  Nios II Configuration and Booting Solutions 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/nios2/edh_ed_handbook.pdf (p218)

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos