Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Software Release 25.0 PROsetACU.exe some I219-V and I211 Adapter Information values displayed in Portuguese on an English system

GConw1
Beginner

I upgraded the Intel PROset driver software tonight and happened to notice an issue with the ACU display afterwards.

The Intel PROset Adapter Configuration Utility for the I219-V for parameters like Negotiated link speed displays não suportado while Media type displays Cobre being Portuguese for Not supported and Copper but it is also not consistent. The I211 value for ETrackID displays as Not supported but for the its value Negotiated link speed it displays não suportado instead of Not supported.

All other headings and text is displayed correctly in English as are all Adapter Settings while for the Adapter Setting Values I couldn't find any values that weren't in English so it appears as though it is only some Parameter values in the Adapter Information fields that are being displayed in Portuguese when they are meant to be in English.

The system is running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 18363.752 with English(Australian) Language. The system has always been an English(Australian) system though it has been upgraded a few time since originally being installed a couple of years ago.

Geoff

0 Kudos
33 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gconw1,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Forum.

We need to gather information so we can provide you recommendations.

Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this link. After running this program, it will create a text file. Kindly attach the text file on your reply.

Looking forward to your response. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up with you after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
GConw1
Beginner
Hi Alfred S., Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately there is no link to a version of SSU within your reply – and while I was able to search for and find the latest version of SSU (2.5.0.15) I am not sure which options you need in the SSU scan as this is the first time I have instigated this process ? Do you need Everything – or is your (linked) SSU preconfigured for a certain set of options ? Could you please advise which options you need – or alternatively a link to a preconfigured SSU? Thanks Regards Geoff
0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gconw1,

For some reason, the post system did not include the link. Since you already found it (t is actually the same version that should be on the link) You can run the software using its defaults. Please attach the text log on your reply to this message.

For your reference, here should be the link that should be included in my first post, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
GConw1
Beginner
Hi Alfred S, Thanks – the link did work this time and as requested the attachment is the SSU text file after running that SSU utility. Regards Geoff
0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gconw1,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I expect that you have attached the text file on your reply, however, after double-checking, it appears that it was not attached to your post. Kindly re-attach it again.

It is really strange that only some parts of the ACU labels are in a different language. Usually, for language pack issues, it should be the entire program. Have you already tried re-downloading the driver? You may need to uninstall it first and re-install the one that you downloaded.

Thank you for your cooperation with this. We look forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will assume that you need more time and we will check back with you after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
GConw1
Beginner

Yes - trapped again ! I suspect as I replied by email attachments are not allowed - and only where you reply via the forum being logged in that attachments will be accepted.

Attempt #2 - hopefully this will work.

Regards

Geoff

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gconw1,

We appreciate the time that you took out of your busy schedule to share that information.

We will continue investigating your concern, and we will give you an update no later than 3 business days from now.

We may need to ask for more information during the investigation process.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
GConw1
Beginner

Hi Alfred S,

Thanks - hopefully you can determine why the utility is using Portuguese language for displaying some fields.

I also had time today to uninstall the Proset software, reboot the PC then reinstall the Proset 64-bit Software release 25.0 once again and after doing so ran the Pro/Set utility once more and all the same fields were still having a few fields in Portuguese as before.

I also verified that the version of ProSet 64bit release 25.0 software had downloaded correctly as a subsequent binary comparison of an expanded new download binary comparison of the contents was identical to the original download hence ruling out any issues with the original download.

Regards

Geoff

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gconw1,

Thank you for the new information that you have shared.

We are still checking out your issue.

We will get back to you as soon as we have one that should be no later than 3 business days for now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gmana1,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our update.

We’ve spent the last few days assessing what’s been going on, and we really appreciate your patience during this time.

We tried to simulate the issue that you are having, hoping that we can recreate the issue; unfortunately, the fields that have issues were displaying in English. Due to these findings,  we would like to ask for some information from you. Please follow the steps below to obtain the information that we need:

1. In Windows 10 open Control Panel | Clock and Region | Region settings (or equivalent)

2. In the "Region" Window click on the "Administrator (tab)".

3. Find "Language for non-Unicode programs:"

4. What is the "Current Language for non-Unicode programs:"

We hope for your understanding on this one. Should we not hear from you, we will check back with you after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
DMorg21
Beginner

Having the same issue as the OP on an ASUS Z97-Deluxe motherboard which uses the i218-V and i211 adapters (Core i7 4770K). In the Intel PROSet Configuration Utility, the status "Active" (for teamed adapters) is shown as "Ativio" and the term "Team" Shows up as "GRUPO". Also, inactive status is replaced by "Inativo". Also seeing the same "Nao Suportado" labels for some items.

My non-unicode language is set to: "English (United Kingdom)".

I'm probably not eligable for support since this is an 3rd-party board, but wanted to chime in here to say this is NOT a configuration issue with the OP's (or my) systems, it's definately a bug in release 25.0, as all previous releases have not exhibited any such issues, and i've been using the generic Intel Ethernet drivers since about v21.0 if memory serves.

Gib.

0 Kudos
GConw1
Beginner

Following that process I found that the language setting for non-Unicode programs is English(Australia).

Hope that helps in your investigations.

Regards

Geoff

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gconw1,

We appreciate the time that you took out of your busy schedule to share that information.

We will continue investigating your concern, and we will give you an update no later than 3 business days from now.

We may need to ask again for more information during the investigation process.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gconw1,

Thank you for your patience in waiting for an update from us.

Our team spent the last few days trying to reproduce the existing issue or bug that you have been experiencing, and unfortunately, we have no luck in getting to recreate the issue. 

The good news is we have a new software release coming out soon, version 25.1. Once it becomes available, please try it out and see if the bug is no longer there.

Our team is suggesting a fix but it may be strenuous, as it involves doing a fresh install of the operating system. It would be your discretion if you want to try this approach. 

Please let us know if you have any additional insights regarding this or feedback. Should we not get your response, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gconw1,

We have not heard from you yet, and we are reaching out to check if you need more time.

Should we not get your response, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

If there is still no response, we may be forced to close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
GConw1
Beginner

Hi Alfred S,

Apologies - I missed seeing the earlier email - but I will respond now on both considerations.

I am happy to try 25.1 of the Intel Ethernet software when it becomes available as I can do so with minimal impact on the system.

From comments made by other Asus motherboard owners reporting on here this language issue is new to this 25.0 release so it seems more appropriate that the utility ProsetACU.exe be sufficiently robust as to correctly translate all parameters with the one language type set in the system than apparently selecting some fields to display in portuguese.

Unfortunately it would take a few days to fully install all software packages/utilities after a clean install which is not something I can commit to at this time.

There is also no guarantee that performing a clean install will fix the underlying issue in my environment either.

If you wanted to create a debug version of the utility that I can run on my system that will generate a debug log for you to analyze (that might provide some indication where the actual issue is) I am willing to try that as its is non-destructive.

If the previous version prior to 25.0 doesn't have this issue then isn't that also a pointer to the fact that this problem is caused by one of the changes between that version and 25.0 and if that works without requiring a complete Windows 10 Pro reinstall then so too should 25.x when that software difference is corrected to no longer display those fields in portuguese in the particular circumstances of my (and many other) Windows 10 users with Asus motherboards and Intel networking chips.

Regards

Geoff

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gconw1,

No apologies needed. We completely understand.

Thank you for your feedback regarding this. Thank you for volunteering to try a debug version of the utility. We will check if that is an option that we can do.

We appreciate your insights regarding this.

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gconw1,

Thank you for patiently waiting for an update.

Our team thought about your offer and after careful thought, we would ask for your cooperation to just wait for the new release 25.1.

We will also wait for it together with you, and we will notify you once it is available. We will post a reply to this thread once it is available.

0 Kudos
GConw1
Beginner

Hi Alfred S,

Thanks for looking into this - will test 25.1 when it is available.

Being notified when 25,1 is available is a good idea as I otherwise may not know of it being ready.

Till then.

Regards

Geoff

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gconw1,

Thank you for your understanding.

We will keep you posted.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos