Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Update MAC Address on I210

ben387
New Contributor I

Hello,

What is the correct utility to use to update the MAC address on the I210?  The ethernet controller will be used in a variety of applications.  We would like to update the MAC address from either EFI or DOS.

Thank you,

Ben

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ben,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can you confirm if this inquiry is similar to this one? If yes, please advise so we can proceed closing this thread to avoid confusion and we will continue discussing your concern on the mentioned thread.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Change-MAC-Address-with-BootUtil/m-p/1205119#M21395

We look forward to your reply.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ben387
New Contributor I

Hi Crisselle,

The question is not the same, but it is close enough that we can discuss it in the other thread.

Thank you,

Ben

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ben,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Is this the same system from the thread mentioned above? If no, please provide the model of the motherboard wherein you want to Update MAC Address on I210.

You also mentioned 'The ethernet controller will be used in a variety of applications.' Can you share more information about this? 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ben387
New Contributor I

Hi Crisselle,

Thank you for your response.  I was able to solve my problem by using the eeupdate64e.efi utility to update the MAC address.

Have a great day!

Ben

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ben,

Thank you for the update.

We are glad to hear that you are able to solve the problem. If you don't have any additional questions, please be informed that we will close this request after 24 hours. Thank you for your time and cooperation throughout the process. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May you have an amazing day ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos