Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4880 Discussions

Wake on Lan not working on driver higher than 1.0.1.4 for Intel l225-V

solemgar
Novice

Hello all!

I have a B-550F Asus ROG gaming motherboard with an Intel l225-V. With driver 1.0.1.4 from manufacturer wake on lan works fine. If I upgrade to the manufacturer version 1.0.2.8 WOL stops to work. Exactly same settings on the BIOS, no change. The same happens upgrading to the latest driver available in the intel page for this adapter (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/184676/Intel-Ethernet-Controller-I225-V, 26.3).

Has anyone experienced this issue?

0 Kudos
136 Replies
Starbuck
Beginner

@abdulaziz  - 1.0.1.4 doesn't even work when your link is 2.5gbps.  I asked you if your connection was running at 1gbps or 2.5gbps in previous posts and you never answered that question?

0 Kudos
abdulaziz
Beginner
My asus motherborad has 2.5 gb lan
0 Kudos
Starbuck
Beginner

Yes, but are you synced / connected at 2.5gbps or 1.0 gbps?

Starbuck_0-1695158095934.png

0 Kudos
abdulaziz
Beginner
0 Kudos
Starbuck
Beginner

Yes, there you go. That's what I have been saying all along...it works fine, even with NEW versions of the driver *IF* you are connecting at 1gbps speed. It's when the adapter is connected to a 2.5gbps switch/router/hub that WOL ceases working and this is still the issue with the latest driver.

@abdulaziz - I can't confirm what your issue was, but I suspect if you update to a newer driver than 1.0.1.4 you'll still have WOL working.  That said, there's often not much benefit in updating to a newer ethernet driver if everything is already working well for you.

0 Kudos
abdulaziz
Beginner
Well i did update to a newer drive didnt work it worked in the old one is my issue was didnt work on wake up my pc after shuting it down throw wolow app then i talked the devloper he helped me out and it worked but just one issue he told me about in asus motherboard which if u press sleep in the wolow app and u press wake up button wont work well it did worked for me then didnt work at all so everything is working u can restart or shutdown or sleep it work if press wake button when ur pc is fully shutdown before i had that issue and the devlopre helped me and snice then it works perfect for me
0 Kudos
Jotaka
Beginner

Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V (1Gbps)

Driver version 2.1.3.15   (06/29/2023)
MB: AUS Z590-PLUS

Some days ago  I checked the WOL in my system and ... to my surprise it worked like a charm.
I suppose some of windows update has made the magic!!

0 Kudos
Flobert
Beginner
Could you please share your exact driver settings and maybe windows power management? That would be very helpful as I have been trying to setup wake from lan with intel lan i225v from my asus b650e-I. Many thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Jotaka
Beginner

I just enable magic packet and magic packet from S6 in controller properties. 

Perhaps it's important (I don't checked it) know, I have "quick boot" disabled. This is in control panel, energy options, there is an option to configure boot/shutdown buttons (my system is spanish so I don't know the exact name in english version). 
And of course, I followed all instructions for my mother board.

0 Kudos
Flobert
Beginner
Could you please let me know where you have found the driver?

Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V (1Gbps)

Driver version 2.1.3.15 (06/29/2023)
0 Kudos
Jotaka
Beginner

Hi

I found this update in Intel.com. I searched for I225-V, drives and software and I reached a file named Release-28.1. 
Now the is a newer release, 29.0 

0 Kudos