Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Windows stops after error 7023 with ZeroConfigService service

LMuño3
Beginner

No se encuentra la descripción del id. de evento 7023 en el origen Service Control Manager. El componente que provoca este evento no está instalado en el equipo local, o bien la instalación está dañada. Puede instalar o reparar el componente en el equipo local.

Si el evento se originó en otro equipo, la información que se va a mostrar tenía que haberse guardado con el evento.

Se incluyó la siguiente información con el evento:

ZeroConfigService

%%2147770990

El recurso específico de configuración regional para el mensaje deseado no está presente

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello LMuño3,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please be informed the we can only support you in English and we are just using our own translator. Moving forward, kindly reply to us in English.

Before we proceed, please provide the following details.

1. What is the complete model of your Ethernet card?
  2. Please provide the exact issue encountered.
  3. What are the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

If you have questions, please let us know.

In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
LMuño3
Beginner

Sorry, the error is copied as it is in the windows event log and mine is a spanish version. In response to your questions

1. What is the complete model of your Ethernet card?

Dell Inc. Latitude E5470 x64-based PC

Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~2700 Mhz

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18363 

network card:             

[01]: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM

Nombre de conexión: Ethernet

[02]: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

Nombre de conexión: Wi-Fi

I keep the laptop on wifi

2. Please provide the exact issue encountered.

Windows stops after error 7023 with ZeroConfigService service. The laptop just turns off

3. What are the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

I reviewed the following notes, did some configuration validations and ran the diagnostic tool from the dell support site, without it returning any errors.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zeroconfigservice-periodically-stops-working-after/ab07010c-53c8-4713-ad6b-0eee36a9f2a5

https://www.dell.com/community/Latitude/Excessive-power-and-CPU-usage-for-Intel-R-Proset-Wireless/td-p/7462499

Download updates related to network drivers from dell site and install them even though it was stated to be in the latest version

Thank you very much for your help

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LMuño3,

Thank you for the quick response.

I just want to clarify since you provided 2 network cards. Please provide the details below:

1. Are you having issued with the WiFi?
  2. And these Network cards are all on-board?

In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
LMuño3
Beginner

Hi, thanks for your review. In response to your questions:

1. I have times when there is no connection to the WiFi, but I restart the modem and it normalizes. I consider that this is not a network card issue and it is something of the internet service. The hardware checks performed did not fail.

2. According to the DELL documentation, it appears that network cards are separate elements from the motherboard

https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/latitude-e5470-laptop_owners-manual_es-mx.pdf

Attentive to your comments

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LMuño3,

Are you saying that there is no problem with the Network cards? If you suspect that this issue is with your Internet provider and WiFi, kindly contact your Internet provider and also check your WiFi router.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
LMuño3
Beginner

Hello, I think the case is clear. The network card or other hardware component does not have an error, the drivers are installed at the latest version (or at least the one published on the DELL page), but the computer stops with the indicated error which is software ( the error indicates that it is a service) and according to the revision made it is from a driver provided by intel.

I found similar cases with the same service and the same problem (the computer stops) and the same solution was always sent: update the driver.

Does Intel plan to release a new driver with this component in the short term? You have the possibility to offer me a different solution, because so far you have only asked me questions, but you have not offered any help.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LMuño3,

As of the moment, there is no update if there is a new driver in the works. I am sorry, however you may always try to check out download site from time time if there is a new driver available.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LMuño3,

I just want to check if you still have questions or clarifications regarding this thread. If you do, please let us know.In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
LMuño3
Beginner

I do not have any new questions, unfortunately, there seems to be no different solution for now than those published on the internet sites and for now my laptop will continue with the inconvenience, waiting for a new version of some driver (or operating system) that correct the situation. Thank you

0 Kudos