Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5037 Discussions

intel nic drivers 19.3 huge 6000+ dpc latency spike once a few secs

ATay3
Novice

hi, i would like to report that the new intel nic drivers version 19.3 that just released recently has huge 6000+ dpc latency spike once in a few secs.

my specs

Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection

windows 7 SP1 32bit + lastest windows update

i downgrade to intel nic drivers previous version 19.1 and the problem is just gone.

285 Replies
CX
Beginner

Asus Maximus VIII Hero.

Just so you know - yesterday i wrote to Asus support and received an answer:

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting Asus technical support.

Yes we know about that problem and also we know that it relates to the specifics of this ethernet adapter and it's programming code. All of this relates and being developed by a third party company - Intel. Because of this even if there is ever a solution - it can only be provided by Intel and no BIOS settings will be able to fix that issue.

There are no known solutions to this problem on our side since there are no settings (including BIOS settings) which can somehow fix or influence an ethernet adapter. If there were any driver or BIOS settings to fix this issue - we would've expected Intel to provide them already.

Since this issue appeared only on the resent OS - it is related to software programming and will probably be fixed later. Meanwhile you can buy a cheaper discrete network card and use it instead.

It wasn't in English so i had to provide rough translation.

0 Kudos
PLee27
Novice
0 Kudos
YMast
Beginner

@Cel, i am on "your side" and i don`t defense Intel, i am telling what for me resolve issue twice..

So there is some issue i think on Intel side only, because all this power saving options are for CPU (which is Intel)..

I have Maximus VI hero.

Here is my setup of BIOS, compare with yours (i bet you have more options) and try to set same as my and check latency after that.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6lhjvxtiyrk2qn2/AADAlULoaHmQ64jtuAR9U1mMa?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6lhjvxtiyrk2qn2/AADAlULoaHmQ64jtuAR9U1mMa?dl=0

p.s: sorry for bad quality of images..

@parco i cannot find manual of bios for your mobo

but your case is great for Intel, so they can check real cause of this issue...

0 Kudos
PLee27
Novice

Oh, that was an old mobo already, chipset 6 for my sandy bridge 2600......

And that is a very simple colored raw plain text BIOS look like MS-DOS...... I think that is not a UEFI BIOS, although it support UEFI disk boot........

0 Kudos
YMast
Beginner

never mind, we have some common options for sure..

0 Kudos
vioni
Beginner

hi guys.

although my problem is fixed by going back to windows 8.1 i still want to make sence of the issue for those that are still on windows 10.

did you try the lastest driver released in december by intel for i217/i218/i219 NIC chipsets?

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=1957&lang=fr Intel I217/I218/I219 Gigabit LAN Drivers Version 12.15.22.3 WHQL

0 Kudos
CX
Beginner

I don't trust third party sites that offer "newer" drivers. Quite often they simply repackage older drivers just by changing their version, include viruses or mislabel drivers all together.

0 Kudos
vioni
Beginner

suit yourself then...station-drivers is a legit website and the drivers are new.

0 Kudos
PLee27
Novice

mine installed.

0 Kudos
GWill13
Beginner

I have 82579V NIC on p8z77-v asus motherboard and decided to work out what the issue was with the stuttering audio with the latest drivers. I went through what we all did and found the DPC latency was spiking 6000 consistently. Noticing that people had success with trying older drivers, I downloaded some and when I uninstalled my old ones to put the new ones in, the installer failed. So I added new hardware manually, (proset and any other associated shit still intact) only the one adapter driver altered, I had two 'hardware' options to choose from. Aka, my uninstalled device was listed twice, with two different dates. I chose the older date rather than the newer one, I was provided with 19.3 drivers that have a few less settings in properties but has alleviated the audio stuttering. My highest peak is now 2398 instead of 6 thousand and its very uncommon instead of completly consistent.

0 Kudos
GWill13
Beginner

Sorry I have confused proset version numbers with driver numbers. I am running 6/28/2013 NIC driver version, and 19.3.141.0 proset

0 Kudos
PLee27
Novice

device manager -> network adapters -> find your own network card -> right click -> properties -> in "driver" page, that would be your driver version number and driver date, actually the date is more important than the number.

For the version number of proset, just inside the page of "link speed"

0 Kudos
GWill13
Beginner

I was mistaken anyway, upon reset the issue re-occured. I have not correctly uninstalled/installed drivers. 19.3 is still in add remove programs and doesn't work. Spikes persist. I have tried fiddling nearly every option in the network adapter settings, I can get the spikes to reduce by disabled flow control and moderation, and a few other things. My other issue is that the 19.1 installer tells me that an intel service isn't running and cann't procede unless it is. I cant find it in administrative tools / services I don't have that service. I am in a mess and I cant enjoy my tunes >_<

0 Kudos
GWill13
Beginner

Intel PROSET Version; 18.5.54.0

82579v: 12.9.15.0 / 6/28/2013

Problem still persists, getting very frustrated I don't care what version I use in the end or what features it has. I just it working? FYI I have same issue with 19.1 installer from intel actually having 19.3.x within the installer, so I went Asus site to see what network driver they recommend, and it doesn't seem to work either. Sometimes the driver works just after its installed and I cannot replicate the issue, then spontaneously it is back.

Can I please get straight forward instructions on how to purge my system and install whichever drivers should work for me

I have Asus p8z77-v motherboard, windows 8.1 x64

0 Kudos
CX
Beginner

I've tried installing older drivers manually on asus maximus VIII hero but it wouldn't let me. The installation failed and driver never appeared in the list even if i tried searching for them manually while selecting folder with unpacked drivers. Guess the motherboard and network adapter are just too modern for older drivers.

0 Kudos
GWill13
Beginner

Anyone help!??! I can't get ANY drivers to work properly. Using 12.6.47.1 driver version with no proset and reinstalled management engine drivers. Sometimes it fools me into thinking its fixed if I check right away, but when time passes, so I left my computer on over night, when web browser accesses internet it causing interupts as high as 32000 on HDAudBus.sys, and ndis.sys routine execution time 23516. If I 'scrub mouse scroll on facebook' my audio goes crackling and popping. Like I said I don't care about any new feature or anything fancy, I'm not even an audiophile or anything, but its too common for people to browse the web whilst playing music. I also agree with earlier comment that the performance is noticeably shit too, inconsistent through-put of 800-1.1 instead of 1.1-1.2 solid so the stutters are visible in network traffic graphs too

I am still checking back waiting assistance on a working configuration for my system.

0 Kudos
GWill13
Beginner

So I uninstalled Intel drivers from add remove programs, they were 18.5.something they weren't working after extended period of time. On a clean reboot from stripping drivers, I am automatically provided some by Windows I imagine as my internet works straight after reboot. My driver version is 12.6.47.1 same as before/above but the issue is not occuring at the moment. I will leave the monitor and music playing today, and will be using the internet, I will return once it fucks up again I'm just going to enjoy it whilst its working >_>

0 Kudos
PLee27
Novice

Looks like Intel ethernet hardwares are not really going to support for Windows 10.

0 Kudos
BRach
Beginner

There is a new update Intel® Ethernet Connections CD 20.7 which installed new driver 12.15.31.0 from 12.11.2015.

This is on Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) with Intel 82579V NIC.

I didn't have much time to test yet.

0 Kudos
CX
Beginner

Do you have a link or is that an update on cd included with the device or something?

0 Kudos
PLee27
Novice

huuh....... are you meaning about this?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Connections-CD Download Intel® Ethernet Connections CD

0 Kudos