FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

10-Gbps Ethernet MAC MegaCore control tx_crcins_control register access

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I was trying to disable CRC insertion at MAC at TX side, but seems not able to access to "control tx_crcins_control" register inside MAC core (address 0x1080) with below command and simulation generate timeout.  

u_10g_drv.avalon_mm_csr_wr(32'h1080, 32'h0000_0001); //Disable to insert CRC at MAC Tx 

It seems this command has no effect to MAC, CRC still be inserted/appended to packet at MAC level that generate by testbench. I have tried to follow procedure to access this register as explain in "10-Gbps Ethernet MAC MegaCore Function User Guide", page 8-22 (item 4. MAC configuration register initialization) which recommend to disable tx and rx datapath before change configuration setting, but seem no effect. I also try to read this register, it shown message as timeout to get respond from this register.  

For your information, I have no problem when read or write other register, such as, tx_padins_control, rx_padcrc_control registers.
0 Kudos
0 Replies