FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

100G E-Tile system console connection problem

alexforencich
Novice

I am running in to an issue with debugging the E-Tile in 100G mode via the system console.  Even though I have the "Enable JTAG to Avalon Master Bridge" option selected in the parameter editor, I am only seeing the serdes channels in the system console, not the MAC itself. 

alexforencich_0-1658378106919.png

It's unclear if the problem is on the FPGA end (JTAG to Avalon master didn't get inserted as requested) or a problem on the system console end (didn't detect the MAC core). 

Has anyone else run in to this issue?  Are there any known workarounds?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Alex,

Good day.

Kindly try to check your MAC configuration through example design in AN647. I have attached the link for your reference. Try to compare the MAC configuration with your design.

Kindly download the example design and unarchive, there is a file called "config.tcl", this file contains the MAC register setting. System console will source this file to configure the MAC register.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683344/current/single-port-triple-speed-ethernet-and.html

And also kindly try to confirm whether this issue exist in design example. Design example will help to find the missing piece.

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Alex,

Good day.

Any update from your end?

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
alexforencich
Novice

I'm not sure what the relevance is of AN647, that's for a gigabit interface presumably using a soft MAC, and I'm trying to bring up a 100G interface with the E-tile hard MAC. 

Anyway, checking with the E-tile example design is a good idea, I'll try that next week and report back if I'm seeing the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Alex,

Good day.

Hope the design example provide you some ideas. Any update?

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. 

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. 

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos