FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

ADC IP Core Issue

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

I'm trying to implement an ADC core with the core variant as ADC control core only in MAX10. I enabled the debug path for ADC1 as well as CH 0 of ADC1. In Qsys I made all the connections as required and created a block diagram and connected the Clock and the reset pin to PIN_M9 and PIN_L22 respectively. When launching the ADC toolkit the Sampling Rate is automatically set to 999 Hz whereas I set the sampling rate during the ADC configuration to 1 MHz. Also on clicking the Run button no data is being captured in the Scope tab. I have attached the screenshot of the ADC configuration as well as ADC toolkit. Is there any other configuration that I need to set up for using the ADC in ADC control core only ?  

Thanks,
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Have you checked that you are feeding in a clock signal? And that you are not holding the system in reset.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi TCWORLD, 

I connected the clock to the PIN_M9 and the Reset to PIN_L22 and have also checked that the clock is available. Is there any other configuration that I need to do while using the ADC in ADC Control Core variant ?  

Thanks,