FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

ALTFP_SQRT IP Core data width is not 32bits

HAnge1
Beginner

I want to use ALTFP_SQRT IP Core,but when i finish configuration,the IP core interface has only 26bits input ,and 25bits output,they are not 32bits, my fpga device is cyclone IV family, i was use quartus 11\13\17\18, but all of their file has the same question, and the question also appears to ALTFP_ADD_SUB IP CORE, I'm not good at English, pardon me, but i really want to fix this problem.QQ图片20191223172856.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the altfp_sqrt input port witdh. For your information, I have tested generating the HDL using CV devices in Q17.0Std (because I do not have CIV device installed). As I look into the .v file, it seems like the module in your screenshot is a low level block instead of the top level altfp_sqrt module. You may scroll down to the bottom of the file and your should see something like the following which matches the IP GUI and with 32 bit data width:

// synopsys translate_off

`timescale 1 ps / 1 ps

// synopsys translate_on

module test_sqrt (

clock,

data,

result);

input  clock;

input [31:0] data;

output [31:0] result;

wire [31:0] sub_wire0;

wire [31:0] result = sub_wire0[31:0];

test_sqrt_altfp_sqrt_4jc test_sqrt_altfp_sqrt_4jc_component (

.clock (clock),

.data (data),

.result (sub_wire0));

endmodule

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

HAnge1
Beginner

so glad to see this answer, and thanks for your warm heart, Merry Christmas,have a good day. ^-^

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

You are most welcome.

0 Kudos