FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Adaptive filter code required

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Does anyone have the VHDL or verilog code for adaptive filter, I am experimenting with my cyclone 2 and would like to implement it on my FPGA, if anyone have the code with them than do share it with me.... 

I am using using adaptive filter for noise cancellation 

thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I was able to make a Simulink model for my adaptive filter....but when I try to generate the vhdl code using HDL coder from the Tool menu, simulink gives me an error message... I have attached my simulink model along with the error message... please help! 

Also can anyone suggest a way to make this model using DSPbuilder... I have never used DSPbuilder before...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, i also doing adaptive image thresholding. U have any related verilog coding on these? If have, can you share?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I was able to make a Simulink model for my adaptive filter....but when I try to generate the vhdl code using HDL coder from the Tool menu, simulink gives me an error message... I have attached my simulink model along with the error message... please help! 

Also can anyone suggest a way to make this model using DSPbuilder... I have never used DSPbuilder before... 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

I have never used Simulink HDL generator before so I can not help you here. I always use DSP Builder for HDL code generation and it works very well. The structure of the LMS filter or adaptive FIR is quite simple, the weights update algorithm is also well described in books so its not a problem to build it with DSB Builder Altera blockset. You can also find there a ready to use FIR megacore. Another possibility is the usage of NIOS softcore and C implementation of the LMS algorithm. It would be much easier to implement but has lower datarate. 

regards 

joel
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, I checked you model, works fine. 

but, you still have some problems in generating the HDL code. 

I'm using Matlab/Simulink 2010 version, and I performed an quick test on your model, and the result seems to appear linke in these picture:
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

--- Quote End ---  

Also, 

"LMS block only supports fixed point inputs on the Input and Desired ports."
0 Kudos