FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5881 Discussions

Alpha Blending Mixer is blocking after layer 1 switching on

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm using Alpha Blending Mixer to put 800x600 overlay layer on RGB video stream(also 800x600). Overlay flow is Nios->Timing Adapter->DDR controller->Frame Reader->CPS(for splitting RGB and alpha). Then RGB goes directly to mixes din_1, and alpha goes through the timing adapter1, fifo, timing adapter 1 to alpha_din_1. My backgoutnd channel is BT-656 720x576 interlased video stream, which is transform to progressive RGB and goes to the Alpha Blending Mixer din_0 throuth the Frame Buffer. I'm using alpha_stub as alpha sourse for the Alpha Blending Mixer alpha_din_0. Mixer output connect directly to Clocked Video Output. Frame reader and frame buffer's MM master is connected to the DDR controller trough the pipeline bridge.So then I started my application, without din1 enabling I can see video on my screen, but then I switch on Alpha Blending Mixer din 1 channel I get freeze picture. As I can see on Signal Tap? all ready signals(except alpha din0) goes low after first packet of frame reader data , and also Mixer dout ready is low to, which is strange for me. Please find attached SignalTap exported pictures. It contain Alpha Blending Mixer both inputs and output. I would be very grateful for any help. I need to understood where the problem is.
0 Kudos
0 Replies