FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Altera Clocked Video Input IP Help

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I am using Altera's clocked video input IP core in one of my design. The video input is from the DVD of the computer using HDMI interface. I am not really sure what the video standard is, so someone please tell me what parameters should I set for clocked_video_input module. Also Altera's VIP Guide says that this block can automatically detect the input video standard. Please let me know if there is anyway that I can read the internal registers of this IP block and find out the video standard detected by this IP block. Altera's VIP guide has information about the parameters but no information about the internal registers of the clocked video input IP block. 

Thanks 

Faisal
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The guide does detail the registers of the block. You just need to look in the right spot. Specifically look at page A-23 of the guide. As far as the settings go, all you really need to worry about is that the line buffer is long enough to meet your needs. And it sounds like you're going to want the control port enabled so you can read the detected video information. 

Jake
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Jake 

Thanks for reply. So what I understand from your answer is that setting the parameters does not matter much. Video_Input IP block would automatically detect the video standard and then set its parameters accordingly and also write this information in the status register. I have already enable the control port on both video_input and video_output IP blocks. In both these blocks, the size of line buffer is set to 4KB so that it can take care of 2 line of even 1080p frame. I want to decode the video standard detected by the vido_input IP and then set the parameters of the video_output IP block accordingly. 

regards 

Faisal
0 Kudos