FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Altera Remote Update IP block compatibility Cyclone IV/10 LP

PYtte
New Contributor I

In an older Cyclone IV design we use the Altera Remote Update IP block version 16.0. We are now looking into reusing as much as possible in a new Cyclone 10 LP design.

According to : Remote Update Intel® FPGA IP User Guide this IP should be compatible with Cyclone 10 LP. They have the same chapter for usage with exception only got Cyclone IV E than can use both parallel and serial configuration scheme.

Is Version 16 the latest version of this IP block? If any what are the differences in usage going from Cyclone IV to Cyclone 10 LP? Interfaces seems the same as far as I can see.

Link to document: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_altremote.pdf

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Yes, the IP is compatible between Cyclone IV and Cyclone 10 LP in the same quartus version. If you are migrating the design to newest quartus version, Quartus will prompt a message asking for migration, it will do the migration itself. Connection wise should be the same.

Regards,

Bruce

PYtte
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

i am glad it helps

0 Kudos