FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5949 Discussions

CPRI IP - cpri_clkout problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, 

I am new to Altera forums, so if you can please bare with me that will be great. 

I am currently working on a CPRI IP and trying to analyse the cpri_clkout signal from the IP after resetting it through NIOS. I am using Quartus II vers11.1 SP1  

I have attached the Signal tap file with this thread. For some reason the cpri_clkout signal seems to go haywire after the reset structure is implemented. Can you please help why this might be happening?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what clock frequency are you using to sample the signals in signal tap? If the sample frequency is close to your cpri_clkout then the reading in signaltap doesn't mean anything. Either use a higher frequency clock or use a real scope on the FPGA pin.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks Daixiwen, problem solved.  

I just had to tie down gxb_powerdown signal, by doing so the cpri_clkout dint reset itself.