FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Can I implement the seriallite ii protocol on the fpga of other manufacturers? Because I think this protocol makes it easy for me to use it, I want to use this protocol to communicate between intel fpga and other fpga.

LXI001
Beginner

Can I implement the seriallite ii protocol on the fpga of other manufacturers? Because I think this protocol makes it easy for me to use it, I want to use this protocol to communicate between intel fpga and other fpga.Is it difficult? Or Intel doesn't allow it.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nathan_R_Intel
Employee

Hie,

Seriallite II can be used for FPGA to FPGA interface. However, I am afraid you will need to reach out to the targeted manufacturer's forum, support or datasheet to determine Seriallite II is supported by them. As for using Intel's IP on other vendor's FPGA, it was never designed or validated with it. Also the periphery configuration and timing properties could be very different. Hence, even technically it may not be feasible to implement on FPGA's that has not been validated. Secondly, Intel FPGA IP's are only targeted to be used for Intel FPGAs.

Regards,

Nathan

0 Kudos