FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5988 Discussions

Can I use fixed-point tool with dsp builder?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have created a design with dsp builder Advanced Blockset and now I want to optimize the word length with the fixed-point tool in simulink. But I find that the fixed-point tool can't log the simmax and sinmin values. I have compared the fixed-point tools' configuration with the simulink's demo, and can't find difference. I'm not sure whether dsp builder support fixed-point tool. Please give some information about this . Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

DSP Builder Advanced does not support this.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your help!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The Simulink HDL Coder tool from MathWorks works with the Fixed-Point Advisor, and can be used with Quartus II. More info at mathworks-dot-com/products/slhdlcoder.  

--Eric Cigan
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi , ecigan 

I know that Fixed-Point Advisor can build enviroment for searching optimal floating-to-fixed conversion. But I have not found how to relate Fixed-point advisor and Quartus. Can you give a example? Thanks.