FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5982 Discussions

why my project generates a time limited sof file for a licensed megafunction ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Info: SRAM Object File <my-project-name>.sof contains time-limited megafunction that supports OpenCore Plus feature -- Vendor: 0x6AF7, Product: 0x0012 

I checked "Licensed AMPP/MegaCore functions"windows,the Vendor: (6AF7) Product (FIR Compiler(0012)) obviously exists. 

what's the problem? 

Quartus II Version 9.1 Build 222 10/21/2009 SJ Full Version
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

anyone knows?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I also encounted the same problem? I have bought ArriaII GX Develop kit, and I got the licensed IP core: Nios II processer(0x6AF7, 00A2), which can be seen on the License setup window. But if I compiler the project with Nios II fast version processor, the "warning" information says that "the OpenCore Plus feature is used on NiosII ...", therefore finially the "xx_time_limited.sof" is generated.  

Why did this happen? Is the fast version of NiosII IP is unlicensed? Must I have to bought the add-on license? Because I have bought the Development Kit, on which the demo projects are all using the NiosII processor. So I guess this Kit should be gived with a one-year license for QuartusII as well as NiosII IP core. 

Any one could help me ? Thank you!