FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5954 Discussions

Cannot Read Data in 1-Port RAM IP Core

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all. 

I am using a 1-port RAM created using Altera Quarus 16 Lite(IP Catalog). It has width of 16 bits and depth of 64 words. I store in data from a computing register in it and want to read it after some time as I will use this data as input for another module. The data transmission is fine but as I make write_enable '0' and read_enable '1', I receive only first and last data bytes(and middle 1-62 data is lost). But If I make write_enable '1' and read_enable '1' its working fine with a delay of 1 cycle. I do not understand if I am really saving data in RAM or not. Here is behavioral code.Here is the link https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45590655/cannot-read-data-in-1-port-ram-ip-core to the original question as I cannot post the code and problem in here as it exceeds the allowed character length. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
0 Replies