FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5985 Discussions

Changing internal NIOS build for DDR IP in Stratix V, without changing tool tree

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have searched for ddr and NIOS and cannot find anything appropriate on the forums. 

If someone knows of a similar question/solution, please just let me know. 

--- 

I have some changes I'd like to make to the file sequencer.c before it is used *inside* the DDR3 IP in a Stratix V Device. 

I'm currently achieving this by changing the file inside the tool tree, but this makes tracking hard. 

I'm referring to the file .../13.0sp1/ip/altera/alt_mem_if/altera_mem_if_qseq/software_110/sequencer_c/sequencer.c 

My flow at the moment is 3 phases on the command line: 

1. to generate all files from QSYS files from the command line using: 

• > qsys-generate system.qsys --synthesis=VERILOG 

2. Build the qsf from a TCL script, (exported and modified from quartus). 

3. Using quartus_sh and "execute_flow -compile" 

After the first step I have the following files: (ignoring the verilog and system verilog files) 

$ find system_ddr3_0* -type f | egrep -v "\.v|\.sv" system_ddr3_0_p0_parameters.tcl system_ddr3_0_p0_pin_assignments.tcl system_ddr3_0_p0_pin_map.tcl system_ddr3_0_p0.ppf system_ddr3_0_p0_report_timing_core.tcl system_ddr3_0_p0_report_timing.tcl system_ddr3_0_p0.sdc system_ddr3_0_p0_timing.tcl system_ddr3_0_s0_AC_ROM.hex system_ddr3_0_s0_inst_ROM.hex system_ddr3_0_s0_make_qsys_seq.tcl system_ddr3_0_s0_sequencer_mem.hex system_ddr3_0_s0_software/core_debug.h system_ddr3_0_s0_software/sequencer.c system_ddr3_0_s0_software/sequencer.h system_ddr3_0_s0_software/core_debug_defines.h system_ddr3_0_s0_software/sequencer_defines.h  

I'm pretty certain the "..._sequencer_mem.hex" is the file that is loaded, but how do I regenerate this outside of using the qsys-generate command? 

Ideally between steps 1) and 2) I want to change sequencer.c and rebuild the appropriate hex files in place... 

I think the file: "system_ddr3_0_s0_make_qsys_seq.tcl" might be part of the solution, but this copies over the sequencer.c from the original location again.... 

Can someone provide any guidance or direction? 

Many Thanks... 

[edited for formatting]
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi fiddler 

do you know when the sequencer.c file will be compiled and used? 

Thanks. 

Sunny